Weeping fig shedding leaves?

tryme

Ive had my weeping fig for about a month now and the past couple of days its shedding alot of leaves. This is exactly what happened to my old one which eventually died. I don't want this one to die as I can't keep running to the store and buying £10-£20 plants each month!

Ive had my weeping fig for about a month now and the past couple of days its shedding alot of leaves. This is exactly what happened to my old one which eventually died. I don't want this one to die as I can't keep running to the store and buying £10-£20 plants each month!

Three reasons this could be happening

Too much water

Not enough water

Not enough light.

If the soil is really wet check for a smell to see of root rot is a problem. Make sure the pot drains and is lifter slightly off the cage floor. Put it out side for a little while to get sun.

There is a problem with sun in England...not to mention sun in october in England lol. I'll check the soil asap. Cheers

My weeping fig is still dropping leaves :( I tested the soil by putting my finger quite deep into it and added some water as it was drying up. I don't know what else to do. I haven't got any additional grow lights on my basking lamp and my 10.0 repti sun. I don't really want to spend any more on buying grow lights + i'm out of space for plugs as it is lol.

i have 2 ficus, one about 2-3 ft tall and another one barely over 1ft and i have had some problems with them but they are still alive..
if there is a change in light intensity they tend to drop leaves.. if the light is too hot they drop leaves.. and sometimes they drop them for seemingly no reason at all but i have found if you mist you can cut down on watering because the leaves are getting the water from the misting.. i spray 2-3 times a day and water only once a week and my plants are doing pretty well except for my small ficus because i recently changer to a hotter bulb and half of the leaves dropped but i have rotated that one of the enclosure and its bouncing back somewhat.

The thing with this plant is when it gets a bit buggered it never seems to come back that well. I've had about 3 now lol.

Has the plant ever been fed fetilizer....some kind plant food may help too. You may need to keep two plants on for in the viv and one that you just keep on the side. rotate them and while one is in the viv you can feed and water the other. Plants unlike chams may do well with light through a window to help perk them up.

Other things that may have and effect on your plant is if it has been a while and it has grow some...it may be time to repot into a bigger pot.

Hope that helps....

OPI

Well I heard giving it fertalizer or plant food was bad incase the cham eats the leaves or soil. Confusing matters even more lol

Yeah I could do, still a bit cautious about these things incase my cham does manage to ingest any thing.

I don't really want to rotate i'm sure alot of people have only one plant they keep in the viv. I hear that moving to much also sheds leaves so you know. Stuck between a rock and a hard place...

Anyone else got any ideas i'm getting my new BIG enclosure soon and i'm buying a £16.99 weeping fig as it's huge..Don't want that going down the pan!

I've repotted in a slightly bigger pot as I think it was slightly crowded in there. Hope things get a lil better. Gonna hold back on the watering a bit more as I think it might of had too much.

Back
Top Bottom