WC Nosy Mitsio Male (our other one)

joshpritchard

This is the second WC Nosy Mitsio male in our collection, which we picked up about two months ago. We called him Pasquale for a while but have since started calling him [the] Yellow Submarine. The name is still up for debate. We wanted to name him Hulk but there's apparently a known Hulk Mitsio bloodline. He doesn't love the camera.

IC6ed.jpg

Maybe I'm making it up but I think it's used as an abbreviation for "long term captive" -- I meant it to say he is a WC but has been in captivity for a while.

He is awesome! I love mitsios. It's a shame they aren't as common as some of the other locales.

It looks as if you're doing a great job with him.

we are working on a Nosy Mitsio project that will hopefully make the locale a little more available in the US over the next couple years. We have two wild caught males and a total of five females that are supposed to be Mitsio. Three of the females are wild caught and obviously unrelated; two were sold to us with the guy above, and one was sold to us with our other WC male, Mysterio. All were imported last year by the same person, bought by 2 other breeders, then eventually re-sold to us in the last few months. The guy that sold us the 1.2 WCs then sold us what he said was a pure CB Mitsio female. Later we found out she was from the controversial Canadian clutches (and he later admitted he knew it!), so she's only presumed to be 50% Mitsio. I believe her sire is Mufasa. Our fifth female is CB that was sold to us by a guy that got a pair of siblings from one of the early clutches with pure CB Mitsio that also came from Canada, but before the mix up and alleged hybrids. She's huge and very healthy. He still has her brother, from the same clutch, and he is a stunning CB Mitsio. The guy's name on here is Killer_Chams and the chameleon's name is Mojito. We have tried really hard to get him.

So anyway we have two males WC males that are definitely Mitsio, 1 female that is definitely Mitsio (if you/we believe Killer_Chams, which we do), another female that is definitely at least 50% Mitsio, and three WCs that are alleged to be from Nosy Mitsio, but we don't really know and won't know until we see the babies. If the WC females turn out not to be Mitsio, the female offspring will still be at least 50% Mitsio and unrelated to one of our two males. So if everyone stays healthy, everyone hatches out, etc etc, over the next two years we'll have clutches that'll be 50%, 75%, 87.5% and [we think/hope] some 100% Mitsio.

But we're trying hard to find more healthy pure Nosy Mtsio males to help the project along if anyone's reading and wants to help the cause :)

Back
Top Bottom