Water source

your gona want to get both use a dripper let it drip every 10-15 seconds. and mist cage 2-3 times a day

I hardly ever use the dripper, b/c it doesn't work that great with my new cage. I just mist 3x a day and my guy seems to be plenty healthy.

Well....I use the dripper and LOVE it!
It drips every 2 to 3 seconds and goes all day long whether I'm home or not.
I know you can make your own (and I have) but the Little Dripper ($8) works so well it was worth purchasing.
Others have complained about it in the past....but if you get it set right and have gravity working for you....there's no problem. I've found it helps to keep the lid off.
I mist as well (at least 3 times a day by hand with a pressurized mister) First thing in the morning and then a couple more times during the day, but my veiled gets most of his water from the dripper.

-Brad

i use both.
But, since my drainage system is bad. Dripper cause flooding and made my plant sit in water for hours.
Hence, fungus gnats love to attack my ficus.
Now, I am starting to use dripper less and less and mist more often.

as soon as my automatic mister arrived, i will stop using it altogether.
Perhaps if i am going to use it, i'll make sure that the water drip really slow.

Mine drips into a collection container at the bottom of the enclosure.
If you're worried about crickets or chameleons falling into the water ...cover it with mesh.
I have no drainage set-up and water plants twice a week with a watering can.

-Brad

Mine drips into a collection container at the bottom of the enclosure.
If you're worried about crickets or chameleons falling into the water ...cover it with mesh.
I have no drainage set-up and water plants twice a week with a watering can.

-Brad

can i see the pics how you do it, Brad?
I want to start correcting my cage condition.
I am on my last nerve due to this flooding and the gnats.

I was thinking of drilling the plastic panel and put a tube that goes to a water reservoir (but, it's probably a bad idea since i suspect the water can leak from the gap between the tube and the hole).

Back
Top Bottom