Veiled colorings?

yoshi9

Do veiled chameleons change color over time? Like mine is a light brown and sometimes a light brown with some splashes of green dots or a light green not a lime green that I see alot on other veileds or when he is asleep. Will he become more lime green as he gets older (not sure on his exact age)? Could this be something wrong with my husbandry or what normaly causes them to not be lime green?
Thanks to everyone!

Some do go through a 'drab' stage. There was a rescue cham in my local rep shop and he was always brown and very nervous of everyone.

Some do go through a 'drab' stage. There was a rescue cham in my local rep shop and he was always brown and very nervous of everyone.

the drab stage sound resonable but brown on the recsue cham you speak of sounds more like what im thinking, brown due to something not correct in his life.

I don't have anything to do today so ill be glad to fill out the form and post some pics :) he does seem kinda nervous at first once I get him out to hold him for a few minutes he begins to lighten up but until then he seems nervous:(

Also me and my mom have been thinking about taking him to a vet for a check up I have had him maybe a month and not positive on his age he is about 4 and a half inches head to tail if this helps lol

i dont know for sure but i belive that brown is not really a desired color to see in a male veiled cham, i could be wrong but a healthy cham should be light green with various markings of color. i would fill out the how to ask for help form and post some pics.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon,male,approximatly 4 months old,I have had him for 3 weeks.
Handling -10 minutes to feed and to move to a free range tree.
Feeding -crickets,dubias,wax worms, and have silkies and flys on order, he eats 8 to 10 roaches daily, cal with d3 twice a month, dusted with no d3 calcium daily, and vitemans 2 times a month.
How are you gut loading-putting apples, carrots, lettuce, and broccli into feeders cage (havent had any other greens yet and then putting the feeders into a bowl with gut load for about 2 hours before feeding.
Supplements - Rep cal no d3 everyfeeding, dust twice a month with rep cal with d3 and dust with vitemans 2 times a month.
Watering - spray 3 to 4 times daily with spray bottle for about 3 minuntes.
Fecal Description - white tip with with moist black dropping connected.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites(no thinking anout taking him to the vet for a check up)
History - Came from a plant store which seemed to have other healthy chameleons they werent dusting crickets :(, they kept him with other chameleons and fed them 30 crickets.( there was more then three babies, probably should have fed a little more IMO)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 aluminum mesh, home made
Lighting - repti sun 5.0 and 150 watt basking light 6" away from cage its self and a few more inches away from his basking branch, lights on 6am lights of 6pm.
Temperature - I have a heat gun and 85 degrees and at night about 75
Humidity -50% and 60% after misting, misting with a spray bottle, humidity thermometar middle of the cage.
Plants - Braided ficus, planting a rubber tree tonight, and geting foilage from the dollar store as well.
Placement -Near a fan which i keep off just for him LOL no air vents and it is in my room and im the only one who goes in. the cage is 4ft away from the floor.
Location -Arizona

Current Problem -he is light brown alot, unless he is asleep he is lime green, no really pattern. He is starting to get some green dots all over, could this be him getting older and growing into his green?

Some pictures.
YOSHIMYMAN2.jpg

YOSHIMYMAN3.jpg

YOSHIMYMAN.jpg

I think you just need to let him be. He will settle in to his colors, it just might take him awhile. I don't see any issues with what you are doing now that you are getting the no d3 calcium. Keep us posted and we will all help watch what is going on.

I think you just need to let him be. He will settle in to his colors, it just might take him awhile. I don't see any issues with what you are doing now that you are getting the no d3 calcium. Keep us posted and we will all help watch what is going on.

That was actually old just now updated it :) sorry lol I have been dusting his feeders no d3 for about two weeks. Thank you laurie and everyone else and I will be glad to keep you posted just got my male ambilobe as well from lance and will take some pictures and put them on. Just letting him get settles in a few more days. Can I hold him or should I not hold him at all except for feeding (which I normally do anyways)

looks like a pretty healthy cham, i belive females are less colorfull and she is quite young, keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom