Veiled chameleon not pooping

Chameleon hasn't pooped in 4 days he is about 2 months old was pooping regularly before still eats, I feed him about 9 crickets at around 11 a.m then feed him a variety of worms at around 7 p.m he drinks still except he hasn't the past day. I have uvb/UVA compact bulb and 75 watt basking daytime bulb I gut load crickets overnight and use calcium + before feedings. Been to a vet a month after getting him spent a lot of money for a check up but she said he was really healthy just want tips on why this is happening want to avoid the vet for another month or so anything I can do? Sorry typed this on my phone >.<

Chameleon hasn't pooped in 4 days he is about 2 months old was pooping regularly before still eats, I feed him about 9 crickets at around 11 a.m then feed him a variety of worms at around 7 p.m he drinks still except he hasn't the past day. I have uvb/UVA compact bulb and 75 watt basking daytime bulb I gut load crickets overnight and use calcium + before feedings. Been to a vet a month after getting him spent a lot of money for a check up but she said he was really healthy just want tips on why this is happening want to avoid the vet for another month or so anything I can do? Sorry typed this on my phone >.<

Worms can constipate your Chameleon. They should really only be given as treats. It's probably not a good idea to give even 1 every night. What kind of worms is he eating?

Hi! I'm sorry you are having a problem with your chameleon. If he were older, I would tell you that 4 days is nothing, but I do think that, for a baby, you are right to be concerned.

I strongly recommend you fill in the HOW TO ASK FOR HELP form. Just click that link, copy the "questions", paste them into a reply and add your information. Be as specific as possible.

One of the questions is about basking temperature. That's one I am particularly interested in. Digestion and temperature kind of go hand in hand. Unless your basking temp is high (over 84) you might try raising the basking temp spot by a couple of degrees (move the bulb closer or get a higher watt bulb). Do not make the basking temp over 85 until people here have reviewed your set up because if it's hotter than that and you aren't set up well, that could be worse than what you are going through now.

Make sure u look everywhere! I have found poops hidden on leafs here and there. But don't abandon that there could be a problem.
I had a similar concern but found poops. Hope urs will be okay :)

Welcome to the chameleon forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. Please fill in the Ask For Help Form linked in the post above. I agree that feeding late in the evening or at night is not good because your cham needs hours under the lights to warm up to be able to digest his food.

I keep basking for a 2 month old in the very low 80's (81-83). Very small horn worms and silkworms are excellent feeders for a young cham and usually make them go to to bathroom. I would not feed him for one day and give him allot of extra hydration, an extra long warm misting for 20 to 30 miutes two to three times a day and make sure that he's drinking and that should get him to go.

Below's a link to my blog for new keepers.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Charles is all better today i'v checked the basking temp it is around 90, so i have raised the fixture to get it down a little bit till i get a lower watt bulb, and also thanks for the input on the worms i was feeding him wax worms and butter worms (butter worms recently just cuz of his size now) but i didnt feed him all day today, and came home from work and he pooped so he is fed now thanks everyone for your help!

Worms can constipate your Chameleon. They should really only be given as treats. It's probably not a good idea to give even 1 every night. What kind of worms is he eating?

you need to be more specific about the worms. The soft bodied worms will not cause constipation that I know of. Some people say supers and meals will cause this but I feed supers all the time and never have any problems.

We really need the how to ask for help form filled out.

Keep watering him as much as you can. If he is indeed constipated or impacted he needs more water than what you have been giving. Double if not triple the amount of time and sessions you are currently doing. Be sure the cage dries out between mistings. At this age, hydration/humidity is a critical part of care for chameleons this young.

At this age i would not feed meal worms or supers. If you do decide to..Be sure you feed the white meal worms and appropriate sized worms. My recommendation would be to cut them out of the diet completely.

you need to be more specific about the worms. The soft bodied worms will not cause constipation that I know of. Some people say supers and meals will cause this but I feed supers all the time and never have any problems.

Sorry about that. I was posting from a phone and he seemed to be pretty worried. The first thing that came to mind was constipation from mealworms. That's why I asked what type of worm he was feeding. Temperature can definitely play a huge part in it too. I'm glad everything worked out for you OP.

6 month old veiled chameleon acting really wierd HELP

Hi I've got a 6 month old chameleon that's acting really weird , I got home today and noticed she was on the bottom of her cage she's usually hanging from a vine or something at the top , so I picked her up and noticed her tongue was hanging out of her mouth and kinda swollen and her eyes are puffy , she's kinda arching her lower area by her tail I dunno if she has something stuff in her or not please HELP

My veil chameleon is bout 6 months old I had her about 3 months now, I am not finding any signs of her pooping I have checked the plants everywhere no sign of anything , she eats mostly crickets and leaves from my mulberry tree, also she is changing her colors a lot now but mostly she is green with orange spots I still have not handled her , she gets real big when i get to close to her sometimes she opens he mouth or even hisses, so I always back off. I do talk to her a lot

My veil chameleon is bout 6 months old I had her about 3 months now, I am not finding any signs of her pooping I have checked the plants everywhere no sign of anything , she eats mostly crickets and leaves from my mulberry tree, also she is changing her colors a lot now but mostly she is green with orange spots I still have not handled her , she gets real big when i get to close to her sometimes she opens he mouth or even hisses, so I always back off. I do talk to her a lot
You might want to start your own thread this is from 2015.

Please start your own thread. Go to forums and on the right you'll see a blur button that says post thread. Click on it and then select the forum you want to post under.

Once you start the thread please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum.
We need more information and photos to be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom