Veil vs Panther behavior

Picasso123

Have had my panther also 6mths and thank to the forum for making him healthy again. He's so fast when food comes by.

Thinking of adding a 2nd cham and wonder if Veils behave different then panthers as far as activity or noise or whatever. Thanks

i keep my veiled and panther basically the excat same, maybe a little cooler for the panther and they pretty much act similar,
every once and while i have to tell my veiled to stop singing with the radio but oh well, LOL JJ

There is no "true" answer to this. However, I have heard that Panthers are a little more.... Friendly? I don't know if thats the correct word.

There is no "true" answer to this. However, I have heard that Panthers are a little more.... Friendly? I don't know if thats the correct word.

I would agree, from what i see on a daily basis, Panthers seem to be more passive, but i also own a Veiled whom doesn't show much aggression, and is pretty passive while handled. Of course there are always those days when he can have a hissy fit (no pun intended) so i believe it all has to do with proper care and respect for the chameleon itself no matter what genre in the species

Not sure what you mean by noise? They are practically deaf so don't hear noise and make no noise themselves apart from when they hiss!

Veiled's tend to be less tolerant of human interaction from my experience and generally more aggressive natured.

I keep them under the same conditions except my panther has a cooler basking spot.

Out of the two, the panther is the "cutest" but the Veiled is so funny to watch. He is a real character and extremely clumsy. He is generally more active than my panther too.

This can all differ between different personalities though so there is never a guarantee with anything.

i have both panthers and veileds. my male veiled is the favorite of the group for me, but my wife likes the panthers better. it goes to personal preferance and different animals. my veileds seem like they have more personality and the panthers are kind of flat. my veiled is a sunburst so he has plenty of color but not like the panthers do. i'd say just give it a try and see what you like.

all depends on the cham

i have seen friendly veileds and panthers and seen antisocial ones as well. it all depends on the individual. more so you see nicer panthers but i did have a veiled that was my best friend once and he loved to hang out on my shoulder and just be with me. I'll let you know how my panther turns out i just got him today....err yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom