Vacation weekend HELP

CalaMala

I am going to Hollywood Florida for the holiday weekend. My 23yr old son said he will watch Sayid, mist and feed, but I am so nervous about leaving him. I have a portable enclosure (butterfly garden) that he chills outside in when I take him for his SUN time. I was thinking perhaps I should just take him with me. Would keeping him in that for a few days on her back porch be safe or is leaving him home with my somewhat irresponsable son better??
Her porch is screened so he would be safe from "creatures" lurking, and I can move him around from direct sun to shaded areas. He has some vines and artifiical foliage in it already. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanx !

I am going to Hollywood Florida for the holiday weekend. My 23yr old son said he will watch Sayid, mist and feed, but I am so nervous about leaving him. I have a portable enclosure (butterfly garden) that he chills outside in when I take him for his SUN time. I was thinking perhaps I should just take him with me. Would keeping him in that for a few days on her back porch be safe or is leaving him home with my somewhat irresponsable son better??
Her porch is screened so he would be safe from "creatures" lurking, and I can move him around from direct sun to shaded areas. He has some vines and artifiical foliage in it already. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanx !

Its best to keep her at home (in my opinion) in her normal cage. The stress of transport just isn't worth it since its only the weekend.

Hard to say with out knowing how "irresponsible" you son is. He may not give the care you do, but I'd say if you can trust him to toss in a few crickets and spray a few times a day (and not burn down the house) I'd say it would be easier on everyone to leave her.

I do travel (for work) a good bit, so it can be done (and doesn't seem to bother my guy, but he's pretty chill) it does take extra time, planing and room to travel with a chameleon

Just have everything ready for your son. That way there wont be any problems. You could even preportion out the crickets or feeders for each day. And gutload them all before you leave. Make sure your misters are full and ready to go. Like in the movie "Babe" with the pig. When the wife left she had every thing portioned out and ready to go for the husband. Just make it full prof. So there wont be any worries on your trip.

Leave the cham at home. And if your son has a cell just make sure and call when he should be misting and check up on them. My sixty something mom comes over and takes care of the chams for me sometimes when I have to go away for a day or two. She hates bugs but even she is able to mist and check on everyone. Your cham can go without food for several days just make sure he knows how imp misting the cage and foliage is. ;)

Enjoy your trip. I always come back and feel blessed to have my chams. Going away makes you appreciate the things in your life even more.

Back
Top Bottom