USPS Rant

Supergirl

I am usually very happy with the USPS... I order things online often, occasionally sell on ebay and have never had a problem. I purchased some exo terra jungle vines from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. A few days later received notice that the order had shipped. A week went by and nothing came. Waited 10-12 days, and decided to contact the seller. He wrote back telling me the the package was "lost in transit" ..apologized for the inconvenience and told me he'd shipped out another package via Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation (this was 2 days ago). I go online to track the package, and it show that it was shipped on 9/21.... 9/24, 9:48am "out for delivery".... 9/24 11:48am "delivery status not updated". I thought that was a bit strange, considering it was specifically sent with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. Usually they leave a notice in the mailbox or on the door saying 'Sorry We Missed you! Your package is at xxxx office til xxx date' In which case I just go pick it up at the Post Office. So I call the local post office to see if my package is there. Maybe there was a note left on the door and it blew away or something. The lady who was helping me on the phone was just as confused as I was, she didn't understand how an item with delivery confirmation would be left as "delivery status not updated" so she contacted the courier who was working that day. He says he "LEFT IT ON THE PORCH.. 2nd or 3rd apartment on the left" :mad: WTF!! He admitted he made a mistake... not leaving a note and not even being 100% sure of which porch he left it on :mad::mad::mad: The worst part is, that all happened Saturday, and I didn't find out about it till Tuesday. I live in a very small community of 12 townhouses... asked all my neighbors and of course no one saw or received any kind of package. So I call the post office supervisor to file a complaint... he literally put me on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on me :mad: I filed a complaint online but not sure how much help that'll be. I'm so upset over the entire situation... they basically just threw away my $40! :mad::mad::mad: Sorry for ranting... just had to vent!!!!!!!! *end rant*

Get the name of the postal delivery person and then call your local post office and speak to the post master. (Prob. the same person who hung up on you.) Try to stay calm and file a formal complaint with him using names of your postal delivery person. Then ask your post master for the local postal inspector and file a formal complaint with the postal inspector. I have to say that the USPS is one broken system.

2nd filing a complaint, I would consider going down to the post office to file one there as well.

USPS is going down hill. They know they can get away with some of the things they do.

Technically since the item was not delivered confirmed, if your seller had insurance on it you may be able to get at least cost of shipping back if not the cost of the item, too.

Your seller will need to get in contact with USPS, I don't believe there is much you can do as the buyer.

I HATE USPS! I have had NOTHING bad BAD experiences with them! I remember when I was having my tree frogs shipped here, the seller shipped USPS. Everyone knows that live animals need a signature, and if it is not signed, usually the alive on arrival guarantee/warranty/policy is voided. My house has a long driveway until you reach the front door. The freaking USPS guy was too lazy to even attempt to knock on the door, so he left a note all the way out at our mailbox saying "Sorry! We missed you!". He didn't even try to knock!!! Not to mention his handwriting was so bad on the note, when I went to pick up my frogs at the USPS office, they couldn't understand the writing. I was SO mad.

I know he didn't attempt to knock because I was WAITING by the door the whole time on my laptop.

They have also been VERY late on MORE than one package of mine.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it gets better!

-Evan

Back
Top Bottom