Using reptaid with drinking water?

Rorshach

Hey guys If you was going to add your reptaid to your chams drinking water how much would you add? The amount I am putting in in-comparison to the water added I am unsure whether he will receive any actual treatment.

The amount of reptiaid being used is based on his rough weight.

I've been giving Kyle my Cristatus Reptaid once a day for the last several days. I just add a few drops of water to the dose and administer it by syringe. I cant think of a way to administer it in his water supply without wasting it as he drinks from a drip and 2x per day misting. Apparently the suppliment is for syringe only dosing.

Hey guys If you was going to add your reptaid to your chams drinking water how much would you add? The amount I am putting in in-comparison to the water added I am unsure whether he will receive any actual treatment.

The amount of reptiaid being used is based on his rough weight.

You've really got to administer it directly, not through a dripper or misting (assuming that is how you offer drinking water to your cham). There's no way to dose it correctly otherwise.

Have you tried injecting it into a feeder? I hear dubia, superworms, silkworms, and hornworms work really well for this method.

I have reptaid and syringes in the mail right now, and am going to be trying this method when it arrives (hopefully tonight).

My crested is only 18 grams . The dosage is .025 . Only a drop or less. I pull in a tiny ammount of distilled water with it. He fights me the whole time. Its almost more stress than its worth.

It shouldn't be added to misting or dripper water. Either directly put it into its mouth or inject it into a feeder.

Ah right I knew about the feeders however he doesn't have much of an appetite at the moment which is why I have bought it, I used with his drinking water because a few of the websites I went on to read about the stuff said that you can add to the water supply and this seemed the best option because I don't really want to force him to open his mouth to give him the dose

If it were an animal that could drink from a water dish it might work (but you wouldnt know the dosage that the animal got.)

What kind of chameleon? How old? Temperatures? Male or female? Are you offering a variety of foods? Has it been tested for parasites? (a variety of factors can cause a decrease or stop of food intake so please answer as best you can.)

Usually they will open their mouth if you gently hold them so that your fingers are on each side of the head or shoulder area then squirt it into the back of the mouth (not the front as that is where the opening to the lungs are.) If that doesnt work, try putting your fingers over his nostrils. If you are using a syringe with a needle, be very careful or take off the needle if possible. Try using something like a credit card or soft plastic spatula to hold his mouth open if you cant open his mouth the other way.

What kind of chameleon? How old? Temperatures? Male or female? Are you offering a variety of foods? Has it been tested for parasites? (a variety of factors can cause a decrease or stop of food intake so please answer as best you can.).

Panther Cham, basking 90ish, high ambient is low 80's, low ambient mid 70's. age approx 8/9months approx?
Have offered a variety of foods but 9/10 he will ignore his food in favour of climbing out of the tank and 9/10 he isn't interested in any food tem that is not a worm

Okay, when he was 6-7 months old did he slow down his food? If he hasnt, it could be that he is doing it now instead. Some panthers will also get picky about mainly eating worms. If he will eat several kinds, you can just live with it and only feed a variety of worms or you can deny him food until he gets hungry enough to eat whatever food you give him.

Okay, when he was 6-7 months old did he slow down his food? If he hasnt, it could be that he is doing it now instead. Some panthers will also get picky about mainly eating worms. If he will eat several kinds, you can just live with it and only feed a variety of worms or you can deny him food until he gets hungry enough to eat whatever food you give him.

Guess it was around then he started becoming a pain, I have a colony of roaches that he will not touch (lucky me) his main staple is locusts and various worms mainly wax and morio/super worms, crickets are not a good option for me however when I do buy them to offer variety he mostly won't touch them, and I have tried most feeding methods including the starve him for a few days but never any interest in anything other than getting out of his tank.

If he doesnt have parasites, he could just not need as much food as he used to as a baby. Around 6-7 months old they usually slow down their food intake. Often times (though not always,) when a healthy chameleon gets picky, they are being fed more than enough food and so they have the luxury of being picky.

How much is he actually eating per week?

Back
Top Bottom