URGENT help needed!!

jadeladine

I just went to spray my female veiled chameleon and this huge red thing was sticking out of her.

DSCF2782.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

What is it?? What do i do?

She is 13 months old. Also the last 2 days she has been bred with a male for the first time so im thinking this may have something to do with it.

Thanks,

Jade

I agree with the others! Try and get her an emergency appointment at the vets. She has been mating with Oz hasn't she - just wondering if that has anything to do with it? Good luck Jade. Please take her as soon as you can.

Edit - sorry, didn't read all of your post. The pics were enough to reply to without reading all of it.

Im ringing vets but there either closed or dont do exotic animals. The one i took Kammy to has shut down!

Nightmare, i dont want her to die!!

If you have no ky jelly, get some cold water, as close to ice water as you can, add lots of sugar and apply it to the prolapsed as much and as ofter as possible. It will help shrink the tissue and make it a bit easier when the vet has to put the prolaspe back in. When my girl had a prolaspe I put the water and sugar on her as recommended by my vet and it helped a lot. I sat and did it for almost 2 hours until the vet could see her. Good luck. waiting to hear...

Vets was fab! Ali's bladder had came out too so it was a good job i didnt wait until Monday. Its back in and she's had a shot of anti biotics and a shot of calcium. Check up next week to see if she needs stitches or not. Cost me out of hours prices but her health is worth it.

She's not happy at all, she's black and proper sulking now but at least she's not gonna die. I was sure she was gonna die, i was so upset. Relieved now :D

YAAAAA! Glad to hear a cham with a serious problem is gonna be ok. So many sad stories lately is a heartbreaking conclusion!:D

Keep her well hydrated so that the feces will stay soft. Her next poop is whats going to be important....if she gets through that without prolapsing again it will be a good thing.

I wouldn't overfeed her...it can contribute to these problems.

Jadeladine, I'm very glad to hear the news

It's great that you persisted until you found someone to treat her right away.
Kinyonga offers some very sound advice about hydration and feeding.

Thanks for the advice. She's anything but over fed. When i got her she was a whopping 192g and her last owner fed her 15 crickets a day. She's been on a diet since day one with me and eats 4/5 feeders every other day. Her weight is now a healthy 168g and she is a lot happier for it. Apart from the prolapse of course!

BAD news im afraid, it came out again last night. Called out of hrs vet last night who said bring her in 9.30 this morning. So this is a quick update as im just about to leave for vets. Poor Ali, she's gonna need stitches :-(

Back
Top Bottom