Upper lip on both sides raised

lonomac

I took a couple pics, though its still kinda hard to see it. But her upper lip has raised on both sides of her mouth so you can kind of see her gum area when her mouth is completely closed. Just wanted to know if this is a red flag at all and what to do with it. Her appetite is very random. She doesn't eat much most days, but sometimes will take down a large hornworm or couple super worms but doesnt really touch anything else.

P1010045-1.jpg

P1010046.jpg

Looks like mouth rot may be beginning. Take her out and check the inside of her mouth and see what her teeth/inner gum look like.

try some regular old listeriene and see if if it doesnt help..mouthrot can be reversed. take a q-tip dunk it.. and work the sore on the mouth...

my cham has the same symptoms....I took her to the vet this morning.....If you notice a swollen or sometime foaming or mucus coming out the jaw..... consider it an infection from the tongue or ( hope gods not) lung infection....that means the cham is in pain, plus the tongue will not function in normal status....it will eat randomly but not as often.....if this apply to all, please go to the vet ASAP..... take a q-tip and clean the jaw from the swollen part, and tell me what colour is the mucus...

after visit the vet, tell me how it goes....

tbone

I haven't seen any other symptoms yet. She "seems" ok. I dont have listerine but was reading peroxide works too? Would like a second opinion before I tried that though and Ill try cleaning it up a bit. I also still have some antibiotics....

Last edited:
Sometimes is due to incomplete shedding, double check the lips to see if there are old skins stuck there before using chemical warfare!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom