UPDATE on my lil lady

apple

so i went to the vet which cost me 48 just for visit and 80 for x-ray my lil lady has eggs inside of her the vet said 10-18 this is whats causing her to be sick so she offered me two things....she offered to give a shot to the cham which should help her get it out and hospitalize her for the day and put her in an incubater so the temps are high and keep giving her shots all of that with x-ray and visit would have costed me 240$$ thats alot...i asked if she can give the shots and i would take her home move her to a smaller cage and rise the temps she said i could try that but i would have to give her a call tomorrow..she said that it should be not more than 24-48hrs and if she dosent lay i have bring her in for more shots..i feel so bad for her but i couldnt leave there and pay almost 300$ so i took her home how she is in my 50 gal glass tank with the temp at 95F lets hope she will lay these eggs......

That seems terribly high-please don't cook her. It would be difficult to duplicate a vet-hospital incubator as they also have humidity control and air flow.

this is what the vet told me to do...she is in the tank rite now and her mouth is open is it because it hott in there?

ok i lowered the temp to 85....how long does it take for this shot the vet gave her to kick in>?

Was the shot oxytocin?

Did the vet give her a dose of calcium too?

The oxytocin will likely only work if the chameleon is near the time that she should lay the eggs...and even then it doesn't always work.

Good luck with her!

If she does start to dig DO NOT let her see you watching her or she will likely abandon the hole. If she abandons it often enough, she could become eggbound and die.

shes huge and yes th e vet gave her a shot of somthing that was in her hand and somthing under her skin she hasnt started to digg yet i hope i dont have to go bac to the vet i hope she will lay them

here are some pix of where i am hold her let me know if its fine..also im not sure she knows that bucket has soil in it for her to lay eggs
IMAGE_00020.jpg

IMAGE_00019.jpg

IMAGE_00018.jpg

here are some pix of where i am hold her let me know if its fine..also im not sure she knows that bucket has soil in it for her to lay eggs
[

You might try a shorter bucket. Also, put a bucket behind some plants. My chams hate to lay eggs out in the open because they feel exposed (I assume).

Id be confused too if the ground where I normally lay my eggs was way up in a tree now and all other surfaces was an impenetrable transparent rock...

I think the trash can method would work better in this situation...

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1118.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

Howdy Apple,

That looks like a heck-of-a-lot of lamps on top and pretty close to the soil too. Your temps may be being measured at places where it doesn't really represent how hot she is getting. It just seems to me that she is more likely to be in a standard gravid state and doesn't require any extra heat, just normal heat. As was mentioned, having the bucket located in an environment that has more height above it may encourage her to use it.

What part of the world are you located?

i am in brookln ny i just baught a trash can goin to move her into there well c how that works for her

Will, I love the trash can idea. I think I would of left her at the Vet if it were me. But, I understand about the cost issue. These guys sure are not cheap. Thank Goodness my wife is a Vet. Tech, and her boss specializes in Reptiles. Good Luck

well your a lucky guy lol i hope she lays these eggs shes such a nice cham not mean never hisses nor bits always seems happy

first things first.
the vet doesn't know much unless they're into keeping these animals
the temp would cook your animal.
the whole gaping mouth is a sure sign of overheating like that.
never go back to that bozo.

Secondly.
We don't know if she was even ready to lay eggs
the vet is assuming and or just plain old profiting from your situation.
if the fecal check was negative.
then you're in good shape.
but your animal is stressed out.

get a broad wide mouth pot that is perhaps 10" tall
fill it half way with soil
take something like a pothos and place that pot inside the first
you want leaf cover and a bush look.
then fill the first pot until full
with the rim of the pothos clearly visible and above the first pots soil line.
the idea once again, is to get a bushy look to the lay site.
put that into the cage that she's used to being in.

keep the cage humid and moist.
then RELAX !

try to pretend she's a girl down the street that has to take a dump in the woods
is she's going to want lots of cover and to not be watched under bright lights by you?
Do you feel comfortable sitting "on the thrown" under the watchful eyes of others
or to you feel better when you know you're alone?
Now imagine that they're all giants watching you and you think they're going to eat you
think you would relax then?

well that's only part of what she's going through.

i also thought shes not ready to lay b.c she got big over night not like she was big the whole time.....im not sure im going back to the vet for more shots..also i have her in the trash can with moist soil with 2 uvb bulbs and one 100 watt house bulb should i tak her out of the pale or leave her there??? she isnt eating and yest she threw up what do you guys think i should do ?? the vet said she is young to have eggs that why she needs those shots that was my first time to the vet so went ahead and let her do what she said was right and also the vet deal with reptiles and she has a cham so i duno..but what do you guys/girls think i should do about the vet ad about keeping her in the trash can

Back
Top Bottom