Update and advice needed

Well for anyone following the egg drama, I have an update. I split the clutch (kept half in the hatchrite, and did half in vermic). No significant changes overall, but a few more did go yellow. Well one single egg started sweating and shrinking this morning. I saw attempts at piping, but no success. Finally, we decide at the rate it was shrinking, the egg felt tough and our best bet was to cut him or her out.

Well, the baby was ALIVE. That is the first good news with this clutch! Eyes are closed, lots of tongue movement. It actually drank a great bit of warm (but not hot) water out of a tiny dropper. There is little movement but not much. I know that can be normal. I think if I can get him through the night, he or she will me alright. The yolk was totally absorbed. I have never been in this circumstance before.How should I best care for this little guy?

I have him in a xs exo terra with a low light. The range is about 84. I don't want to bake the baby, but it did feel very cold. Paper towels are lining the cage, and some leaves/branches for shade. The little guy is laying in a small tray at the very bottom.

PLEASE HELP!!!! This might just be my little miracle baby!

i nursed a under developed jackson to life but water and food if you have any other baby's let the lil guy see them eat so it will stimulate that lil guy to eat.

This is the first one that hasn't been stillborn, but it seems like he/she might have an exposed ambilicus. It is a small vascular sac that comes to a very small connection in the middle of the stomach. It was located about the same place the yolk was in the other eggs, but this is definitely attached to the ambilical area. Any advice on what to do with it?

hum idk i had sum with no eyes and brain exposed so i keep them moist till they were put down. so id say keep it moist so it wont dry up.

Is the baby climbing around at all? I would keep him at 82 And try to get him some natural sunlight by placing his cage outdoors in the shade if the temperatures permit. Keep him well hydrated.

For what It's worth....if you have the same problem with others, Don't remove the neonate from the egg...IMO....A strong baby will hatch on its own...a weak baby, well maybe it wasn't ment to be!!!(sorry to say) but I will say you did above and beyond to try to save that one!!!

Back
Top Bottom