Uhhhh Fluker's digital display (thermometer and hygrometer) help?

Sup guys I was just wondering how to use this device... Ummmm.... It has like stickers behind to stick on "terrariums" and I was hoping it would work with screen cages?? If so then do I stick it in the inside of the cage or on the outside of the screen door?? Or and I have a few questions to ask to... Aha sorry guys :D anyways the lady at petco said that I don't need a sprayer??? She said buy that horrible little dripper Thingy... I heard it drowns your lizard... So what do I buy? ._. and I have the rep cal multivitamins and the other one with d3 so how much do I use for each? Oh and how much crickets should I buy for a baby veiled chameleon? Sorry guys I'm new to reptiles, BUT I've been doing A LOT of research on chameleons :p any advice I can have? :)

Welcome. I would say anywhere in the cage is fine as long as you are able to move it around and check basking temps with it. Personally I use Zilla's with the temp and humidity probes.

You can choose to use a dripper or not as long as your Cham keeps hydrated. Some people mist some use a dripper it's based on what you wanna do. I mist. It saves me from having too much water and drainage issues.

As for vitamins and calcium. Dust calcium without D3 at every feeding. Twice a month you wanna dust with the vitamins and twice a month calcium with d3. If you give your Cham too much D3 and vitamins it could really hurt him.

You should look into gutloading your feeder insects. Growing chams should be fed around 15 appropriate sized crickets a day.

Misting the cage helps keep the humidity up and also aids in hydration. If your chameleon will not drink from a dripper (and he might not) you have to find another way to get water to him. Misiting leaves water sitting on the branches, vines. leaves, etc for the chameleon to lick off. What are you housing your chameleon in and what type of lighting did they sell you? Often times pet stores dont know a thing about chameleons and will give you the wrong info and sell you the wrong supplies. You need a plain calcium with NO d3 for everday dusting.

Misting the cage helps keep the humidity up and also aids in hydration. If your chameleon will not drink from a dripper (and he might not) you have to find another way to get water to him. Misiting leaves water sitting on the branches, vines. leaves, etc for the chameleon to lick off. What are you housing your chameleon in and what type of lighting did they sell you? Often times pet stores dont know a thing about chameleons and will give you the wrong info and sell you the wrong supplies. You need a plain calcium with NO d3 for everday dusting.

Um I have reptisun terrarium hood and exo terra reptile glo 5.0 18" and I have Fluker's clamp lamp 5.5 but I didn't buy a basking light... I bought this Phillis halogen bulb I bought at at home depot so is this bulb alright? o_O oh and I have a 18x18x36 screen cage I hope that's a good size for him (or her?)

Back
Top Bottom