two large lumps between eyes

winstywoo

i have a veiled cham 2yrs old he has developed two large symmetrical bumps between his eyes they first started appearing a few months ago. he does not appear to have any other obvious symptoms but the last couple of days i have caught him with his eyes closed during the day so looked them up on internet i found a ite that said two lumps on the head between the eyes is one of the symptoms of sinus infection or upper respitory infection? and that a vigorous course of antibiotics is needed to clear it. so on reading that i took him to the vet tonight, he is a normal vet with an interest in reptiles, the first thing he said was it may be normal, i explained what i had read about it poss being URI. he said he would pop out the room to do a bit of his own research, when he came back he said it appears to be normal said he was really healthy in great condition and that it is probably a sign of maturity or even horn buds! PLEASE help! i dont want to risk taking his word for it and losing my cham at the moment he i eating and drinking as normal so if he is ill i need to know now before he gets to ill any advice gratefully appreciated thanks sally.

First Fill out the info below and then read up on http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

Also post pictures if you can.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage construction (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and type of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom