Troop update (tenuis, uthmoelleri, CH tavetana, oxyrhina and goetzei!

Cainschams

So my animals have been enjoying the nice weather here lately and have been outside for the last 5 days or so. I thought I would snap some quick pics of everyone and show off my new addition:cool:

I will start with the CH Kinyongia tavetana babies from the first clutch that hatched this year. No pics of the second clutch but they all seem to be thriving!

022-1.jpg

021.jpg

019-2.jpg

016.jpg

These guys are hard to get pics of. Most of them come out looking like this.
018.jpg

CH Kinyongia tavetana male. This guy hatched last February. The female seems to be doing much better since she has been out in the sun. It seems this species really doesnt take change in environment to well (housed outside to going inside for winter).
048-1.jpg

Kinyongia uthmoelleri male.
032-2.jpg

Kinyongia tenuis female number 2. This was the only tenuis cooperating today. The others seem to be doing real well. This girl is full of eggs and not scheduled to lay for another month or so.
031.jpg

030.jpg

Trioceros goetzei girl number 1.
038-1.jpg

Number 2. Both have gone through a shed recently.
040.jpg

And now the new guy! Kinyongia oxyrhina. This guy is awesome!
054-1.jpg

Wow! Congrats on the K. oxyrhina, they are stunning! Everyone else looks great as well. All of my chameleons shed this week, must have to do with the seasons changing or something.

Thanks for sticking the K. oxyrhina in my face! They all look great though, and good luck with the gravid tenuis.

Wow, I have never seen a chameleon like those before!! They are definitely very neat and different looking. Handsome and beautiful group!

Well MR CAIN.....doesnt suck for u to be in the US.......lo:rolleyes:

Now I know why u asked me why i thought it sometimes sucks to be here......hell man, u got all the cool chams.......

Thanks guys!

The oxyrhina is awesome, Dan! Hopefully I can get a female for him eventually. He comes from Annette who raised him from a little tyke so he is probably around 1 to 1.5 years I would say. I hope that one of those tenuis males did the deed with that female. My other female doesnt seem to be producing any eggs at the moment. I want to hatch this species so bad!

Brye, where the heck have you been:p

Jared; You have a fabulous collection. They all look great! I always enjoy seeing all of you different species.

They all looks great!! congrats for everyone!! i really like your tavetana and also the Goetzei's green.. they look so nice!!

Thanks everyone! I love them all:D Gotta give all the credit to Annette for raising the oxyrhina from a small lad:) He is absolutely perfect and didnt take long at all to acclimate in his new cage!

Jack, why do you have to live in Italy?!?!?! I dont think there are many here interested in keeping the tavetana:( The male is really nice but turns very dark when he sees the camera. This species is definitely one of the favorites I have kept:D

Jared, these are all just fantastic!! Great work with them and we will all be eagerly awaiting some babies!:D

I assume the male oxyrhina is not as shy as the male tenuis?

He is just as shy as the male tenuis and add in some aggression too! He will not hesitate to bite! I was lucky I got as good of a pic as I did. He knew I wanted to show him off I guess:) I am really happy to be working with this species and couldnt ask for a better specimen to start with!

He is just as shy as the male tenuis and add in some aggression too! He will not hesitate to bite! I was lucky I got as good of a pic as I did. He knew I wanted to show him off I guess:) I am really happy to be working with this species and couldnt ask for a better specimen to start with!

Now you just need to get him a lady! He is truly a fantastic specimen.

Back
Top Bottom