tremors?

Justinschramm05

my veiled has recently started to shake or twitch, it's not very noticible unless your right up close to him. He doesn't do it often,you can bearly even see it when he does. it's just a fast twitch, is this normal? He has a uvb bulb and he gets calcium and d3 in his diet, he's never done this b4 and none of his conditions have changed, any ideas?? He eats crickets(dusted a couple times a week) silkworms, a few wax worms and pothos plant. He's a year and a half old. In a 24x24x48 screen cage.

Is it just the head? (twitching up and down)
If it is... then that's universal lizard for "NO" and "Do Not Want".
If that's the case... well, someone may not like you very much. (sorry)

If it's a whole body shake... then there's lots of options
I wouldn't worry... maybe something is still twitching inside?

yeah, he's pretty much an ass. he's always been extra aggressive. can't even try to pick him up without him hissing, and biting. I can hand feed him, but thats about it.

I've seen the tremors too! I know exactly what you're refering to. This is not a warning as I see it happening from across the room. My panther cham is very healthy and happy and haven't paid too much attention to the tremors but he's had them since he was a few moths old. Doesn't happen often but they kinda look like hiccups sometimes. I have no aswers but would like to know more about it too.

I started a similar thread about this several months ago.
Almost everyone who contributed had experience with their chams doing this.
Kitty only does it in the morning now along with yawning and stretching, but I used to see it more often, and at all different times of the day.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom