trays for 2x2x4 ft. cages

Fate X

i am looking for trays i could use underneath my 2x2x4 cages.

all i need is a tray,i can set it up to drain into a water tank.the tray would have to be bigger then 24"x24" but not a whole lot.

also the trays must be inexpensive 10-15$ each

or if anyone knows a simple way to make trays.

the pans made for under hot water tanks come in all sises they ussaly have a drain that comes with them.

As soon as I get home, I'll take some pics of it. They don't have drainage but you can just cut a hole in the middle (what ever size you decide on the hole). The easiest way is to use a drill attachment for cutting out holes then just get PVC and glue it underneath.

Howdy,

Good find! If you search on "plastic dura trays" you'll see that a couple of the sites have photos of them. They look like a nice rolled-lip construction. They are made for things like rabbit cages. The only things to add are a drain line and some plastic blocks to raise the enclosure up an inch or two to allow for proper drainage and drying. Maybe use silicone sealer to hold the blocks in place... Good prices...

http://www.woodyswabbits.com/index....d=3042&zenid=f25cd4aa5c4b6817810b394fdd9be159
http://www.martinscages.com/products/supplies/pans.htm

Howdy,

Good find! If you search on "plastic dura trays" you'll see that a couple of the sites have photos of them. They look like a nice rolled-lip construction. They are made for things like rabbit cages. The only things to add are a drain line and some plastic blocks to raise the enclosure up an inch or two to allow for proper drainage and drying. Maybe use silicone sealer to hold the blocks in place... Good prices...

http://www.woodyswabbits.com/index....d=3042&zenid=f25cd4aa5c4b6817810b394fdd9be159
http://www.martinscages.com/products/supplies/pans.htm
Hello Can you tell me which size tray I will need for my 24x24x48 cage? Should I order a 24x 24 or 30x30. Thanks I am in the process of setting up a new home for my 3 month old female chameleon.

I don't have a pic and I haven't been able to find a link on the web but at homedepot they have cement mixing trays that cost around $9.

I recently used a hydroponic flood table, 3' x 3'. It naturally drains to the center and has lots of built in channels. Very durable and very strong. They also make nice steel legged stands for them. A little pricey though, paid 120 for the table and stand together.

i was looking at the hydro trays in november n they cost alot.they would work great for a hydrocham setup but 120 $ is too much for my budget.

the duratrays look like they might work well. i am thinking about trying one of the 30x30 duratrays for the 24x24x48 cage i think i would have about 3" extra tray around the sides to collect the water.i don't know maybe the 24" will work better for saving space but then again want space between the cages.
maybe i will buy both and see which one works best for me.

thanks for the links when i started this thread i didnt think i would be able to find a tray 15-16$ for these cages

You could always build a tray out of acrylic (Plexiglass). Most glass shops can cut it to size for you, then you just glue the pieces together with either acrylic adhesive or silicone. They might have enough scrap pieces for the sides, as there isn't much call for 2" Plexi windows.

Quarter inch would probably be best for that. Alternatively, you could make a wooden tray, then "line" it with the really thin (and cheaper) acrylic.

Home Depot has a decent selection of acrylica material and supplies nowadays or check with a plastics/sign making supplier.

Try the shallow tubs they use to mix cement in...im not sure of the exact measurements but they look big enough and im guessing they are under 10 bucks

i picked up 2 of the cement mixing tubs they cost 12.99 at lowes.

the 2x2x4 cages do not fit inside the tubs without forcing them.
i got 1 cage in one but it wont sit on the bottom of the tray and the sides of the tub are bent but it will work for the time being.
they measure 24x36 but they are 22x35 so they are only 1/2 to narrow.

the point is they work,i sprayed the baby cage and the floor was dry when before it was puddles all over.wheni sprayed into the side on the cage at the top i had water pouring down the corner onto the floor

Back
Top Bottom