Travelling and Timing with a Chameleon šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

pascal2023

Avid Member
Iā€™ll be away for a couple weeks in November as my partner is back from deployment, (1st-14th November )
My family donā€™t feel confident looking after Pascal so plans have changed and Iā€™ll have to take her with me. Which Iā€™m obviously more than happy to do as my partner hasnā€™t met her yet šŸ«¢ As much as Iā€™d love to I want to bring her new massive enclosure but realistically I canā€™t, so Iā€™ll have to bring her in her smaller glass (temporary) enclosure that sheā€™s currently in still!

However I have a gut feeling that sheā€™s going to start producing eggs soon and I feel like itā€™ll happen when I bring her to my partners. My point to this is, I wonā€™t have a lay bin big enough to fit in the small enclosure, Iā€™ve been noticing her spots abs dark colour stripes in the last couple days which is a sign right ?

I was literally just thinking of filling half her enclosure up with damp play sand with a couple plants but thatā€™s not very fair on her and there wouldnā€™t be much room šŸ˜• has anyone got any idea of what I could do for those couple weeks ? Sheā€™s in her large enclosure currently ā€¦ what should I when sheā€™s away with me incase she needs to lay while we are away šŸ˜°

Iā€™m already stressed and I feel bad but this is the only way sheā€™ll be able to be cared for during those couple weeks, wish my family were brave enough to feed and handle her ! Please help šŸ˜©

9520DAC1-4D77-4C38-BB4B-826B422514F6.jpeg

Are these her big girl colours ?! šŸ˜

Personally, I wouldnā€™t do this especially when sheā€˜s slowly getting receptive, I think itā€™s too stressful. We went already a few times on holidays for 7 till 14 days and in principal family members donā€™t need to handle her. Only a few times cleaning poo, but that I would risk to not clean. That leaves only feeding, putting her on the female feeding regime, means she needs 6 feedings in your time gone, taking away the first feeding when you leave and the one you back home, leaves 4 feeding moments for your family. If you prepare 4 small containers with food in it, they only need to put it in and out of enclosure four times and youā€™re settled, assuming you got an automatic misting system. We got friends and even my mom (who doesnā€™t like reptiles) who feed our 4 chameleons and fill up water when needed.

Like said, I wonā€™t stress her that much.

Personally, I wouldnā€™t do this especially when sheā€˜s slowly getting receptive, I think itā€™s too stressful. We went already a few times on holidays for 7 till 14 days and in principal family members donā€™t need to handle her. Only a few times cleaning poo, but that I would risk to not clean. That leaves only feeding, putting her on the female feeding regime, means she needs 6 feedings in your time gone, taking away the first feeding when you leave and the one you back home, leaves 4 feeding moments for your family. If you prepare 4 small containers with food in it, they only need to put it in and out of enclosure four times and youā€™re settled, assuming you got an automatic misting system. We got friends and even my mom (who doesnā€™t like reptiles) who feed our 4 chameleons and fill up water when needed.

Like said, I wonā€™t stress her that much.
I really need to convince them, I told them Iā€™d set up feeding pots for each feed, not sure what the problem is but Iā€™ve written out a routine for each day anyway so itā€™s straight forward! I hope theyā€™ll look after her for meā€¦ and would you say in that photo theyā€™re receptive colours ? šŸ„ŗ

I do not recommend this... It is one thing to have to take them in a smaller environment for moving but to travel with one for a 2 week period in which environment will be changing and they are housed in a smaller area is going to cause a lot of stress. Stress can directly impact them physically.

I really need to convince them, I told them Iā€™d set up feeding pots for each feed, not sure what the problem is but Iā€™ve written out a routine for each day anyway so itā€™s straight forward! I hope theyā€™ll look after her for meā€¦ and would you say in that photo theyā€™re receptive colours ? šŸ„ŗ
Fingers crossed theyā€™ll take the task. Try to reduce the schedule from daily to every other day, maybe this will pull the trigger for them. In regards of her colors, I would say pre-receptive for the first time, sheā€™s getting close.

Fingers crossed theyā€™ll take the task. Try to reduce the schedule from daily to every other day, maybe this will pull the trigger for them. In regards of her colors, I would say pre-receptive for the first time, sheā€™s getting close.
Theyā€™re going to look after her and ahh okay! Hey new enclosure is all set up and her lay bin is in there now anyway just incase, I used washed damp play sand

Back
Top Bottom