Traveling Home for Samir's First Thanksgiving

SamW

Hey all,

I am a student in Bloomington, Indiana and will be traveling four hours north for the holiday break. I plan on taking my chameleon. As of now, I have only thought to consider loading him in the car last and make sure to watch is temps and try to control it as much as possible. Obviously, I will also watch for anything causing stress during the ride.

Are there any suggestions that anyone may have when traveling? I just want to make sure that I am not missing something vital.

Thanks,

Sam

I hear most people put them in a box on some branches or a towel, a shoe box, and let it stay dark until he has to be fed (although he can skip a feeding) or when he has to be misted (which he cant skip).
Good luck,
I moved my cham 3 hours away, and just left him in his cage, but he was in a baby cage, so it was alot smaller. He was stressed a bit, but it didnt take long for him to relax.

You don't have to worry much about a 4 hour drive. If put into a dark little box with a towel or something to hold on to they will usually go to sleep if you leave the box alone for 20-30 mins before you leave. Then he'll be pretty contented during the drive, and when you get there just set him up and he should be fine.

I used to do 3 hour drives across the state all the time with my guys in little boxes. One is friendly enough that I let him ride on the passenger head rest when I do car trips with him lol But everyone else goes in boxes.

Back
Top Bottom