Too much mist/fog from humidifier

takeshinagano

Hi everyone, i was wondering if its possible to have too much fog from a ultrasonic humidifier in my pygmy chameleons glass exoterra enclosure?

after the humidifier turns off my enclosure clears up extremely quickly however it gets pretty foggy if i leave it on for more than a couple of minutes.

Does anyone else have expertise on this? i would imagine it would be a similar case if one uses humidifiers for their new born chameleons :)

If so how long would you usually leave the humidifier on for?

it might help to say what size enclosure u are using. i just hand mist my 4'x4'x2'3'' cage.
but i also have a veiled so i wouldnt be much help to u

Hey, you vould get a hygrotherm controller. It would turn your humidifier on and off depending on your set humidity level. Pretty expensive though 79$ around

Yes you can have too much. I have no idea would be too much for a pygmy. You could stick it on a regular timer as well. Too much could cause mold I would think. It could also increase the risk of RI. I may be wrong and pygmy chams could be different. Ive never kept pygmy.

Hi everyone, i was wondering if its possible to have too much fog from a ultrasonic humidifier in my pygmy chameleons glass exoterra enclosure?

after the humidifier turns off my enclosure clears up extremely quickly however it gets pretty foggy if i leave it on for more than a couple of minutes.

Does anyone else have expertise on this? i would imagine it would be a similar case if one uses humidifiers for their new born chameleons :)

If so how long would you usually leave the humidifier on for?

Where's the humidifier? Probably the best way to control the amount of fogging would be to control it with a digital timer that can cycle down to the minute. You may only need a few minutes to saturate the cage foliage in that closed space, but could program more short cycles during the day. What you really want from the fogger is droplet saturation on all the foliage. Or, find a way to open up more of the cage down low...because the fog sinks and this might dissipate it more. Actually, using a fogger on baby chams may not be as much of a problem as spraying due to the tiny droplet size. Baby chams can inhale large water droplets and aspirate.

Back
Top Bottom