Tis the Season, and somewhat sad...

Julirs

Tis the Season when people get other people gift cards to Petsmart. I went in to pick up some Dog Food when I see a Mom and a few boys about 10 years old standing at the check out. Of course the Mom, who could care less, is telling the boy, "If that is what you want to use your giftcard for." She then turns to the employee and says, "He wants a lizard." And my heart gets heavy. There are times when I offer help, help people pick out the right supplies (and put back all of the wrong ones). This time I did not as I sensed that the Mom probably would not have listened. They had Leo's for $19.99 and water dragons for $29.99. Disposable Lizards is what they are to people. :( I suppose I should have talked to them. I could hear myself saying, "You do realize that the water dragon you are getting is going to get over 2 feet long and require a fairly large enclosure in a few short months and of course you will need $100.00 worth of lighting and supplements. No one realizes when they see that hatchling lizard what they are in for later on. It so breaks my heart how so many people are with animals. Sorry for the downer thread.

I also just replied to a local Craigslist Ad where a person is looking for a female Bearded Dragon to be a "companion" for her male dragon. I answered the ad with this:
"You do realize that if you put a pair together, they will breed and there is a lot involved with this. Additionally, your male will harrass and breed your female constantly if you keep them together. Males will generally fight. Seriously, they do not care about being alone."
I can only imagine their poor existing dragon in a too small 10 gallon tank with no UVB. :mad:

juli i know the feeling, too many damn times ive done this.. i even had a petsmart employee ask me to stop and leave... needless to say i kinda got mouthy ....they actually called the security when i refused to stop "giving advise"...

i am so irritated with all the post on craigslist "perfect christmas pets"

so basically i started posting entire posts about specific animals and their proper care/ needed supplies.

juli i know the feeling, too many damn times ive done this.. i even had a petsmart employee ask me to stop and leave... needless to say i kinda got mouthy ....they actually called the security when i refused to stop "giving advise"...

i am so irritated with all the post on craigslist "perfect christmas pets"

so basically i started posting entire posts about specific animals and their proper care/ needed supplies.

My and my flatmate got "removed" from one of the larger (and perceived as better) pet places round here for lecturing the staff (loudly!) about keeping tortoises on sand and feeding them a diet of lettuce and tomato! That was before I'd even got onto them about their little veiled :(

Back
Top Bottom