this is wrong

cham702

has anybody see this nasty vid

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFw8-HLlk64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFw8-HLlk64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The only thing you've done is given the maker of a disturbing vid more hits by posting the link to a forum. If you find it offensive why draw more positive attention to it? Flag it or rate it poorly and let it die out. More hits just means more future vids.

Reactions: Syn
The only thing you've done is given the maker of a disturbing vid more hits by posting the link to a forum. If you find it offensive why draw more positive attention to it? Flag it or rate it poorly and let it die out. More hits just means more future vids.
Good explanation.....

At least the title of the thread is "this is wrong" so we know the video is going to be bad.

One could make the point that the OP is giving members of the forum the opportunity to go post negative comments and flag the video. Obviously the more people who do that, the more likely it is going to be removed.

At least the title of the thread is "this is wrong" so we know the video is going to be bad.

One could make the point that the OP is giving members of the forum the opportunity to go post negative comments and flag the video. Obviously the more people who do that, the more likely it is going to be removed.

Ha dam much better point, agreed :p

True, but...

The OP did not make any mention of wanting to flag the post. To me it seems like all they want us to do is see the video and make comments about it. Now if they had said something like "please flag this video" that is a different story.... instead all they want to know is if anyone else has seen the video. It is obvious they wanted a discussion on it.

Any who, I have already flagged the video... I honestly don't see it being removed any time soon, though... many times when a community calls for a video to be flagged it is more often that not left alone by YouTube.

Ah..they want us to have free choice but have expectations that we will do the right thing...

yes, that is horrible...

Just making a point.

could the OP have been clearer about what should happen? Sure...and I'd love it if everyone typed complete words like you and I do, but what we hope for is not what we can expect to happen.

Is a discussion on how people post repulsive reptile videos a bad thing?

True, but...

The OP did not make any mention of wanting to flag the post. To me it seems like all they want us to do is see the video and make comments about it. Now if they had said something like "please flag this video" that is a different story.... instead all they want to know is if anyone else has seen the video. It is obvious they wanted a discussion on it.

Any who, I have already flagged the video... I honestly don't see it being removed any time soon, though... many times when a community calls for a video to be flagged it is more often that not left alone by YouTube.

umm like i really don't know whats going on here i just seen a chameleon eating a other reptile..

umm like i really don't know whats going on here i just seen a chameleon eating a other reptile..

Yup...that's what happens. As a group, this board doesn't support videos like that.

I think the OP knew that and was rallying the troops to protest...

There are other views.

But we support images of chams chomping into defensless roaches?!?!?! I keep roaches as pets... We should collectivelly as a group not support that also....:rolleyes:

Come on now...

I agree these threads are lame.

everyone has their own opinion and viewpoint of what is ethical and moral. I understand there are double standards like you said "Socalison" about wrong for lizards but okay for roaches...its just how society sees what "seems" more cruel and wrong. Personally i dont mind the videos because i keep an open mind... But what some call open minded might see it as crazy... Although i wouldnt feed my cham lizrards or pinky mice, like some owners do.

My first lizard was an anole. :( As I am sure everyone knows there are much better feeders. No point in feeding something like that.I hope a video like this doesnt encourage others to do this sort of thing. cham702 wanted it discussed. I will talk about it. No I haven't seen it. And I'm not going to watch it. I do wanna see that rango cartoon or whatever the name is.

Ah..they want us to have free choice but have expectations that we will do the right thing...

yes, that is horrible...

Just making a point.

could the OP have been clearer about what should happen? Sure...and I'd love it if everyone typed complete words like you and I do, but what we hope for is not what we can expect to happen.

Is a discussion on how people post repulsive reptile videos a bad thing?
You sure are psychic, Eliza. I completely missed where anything of that nature was mentioned.

These discussions normally turn into "if a chameleon eats x, then it should also be able to eat x." There is no further discussion other than a few rare informative posts - and even those are often pushed away simply because people are too apt to stand up for something they might not even do just because the argument is appealing.

If you insist that the OP has good intentions, why was the report button not mentioned? Why was the only question, has anyone seen this?

Unrelated to your post...

There are already enough threads like this! I have seen more than enough of them and I am tiring of them. There are a few people I know make posts like this just to get reactions out of the forum - and my Ignore List is empty, but I have the feeling one day I will have just had enough! I know other members who have great advice have already started using their list.

I only have so much patience. Now I'm beginning to see why people refer to me as cynical..

Like for real this thread should get shut down it's wrong or this person should get kicked off..that is just me ..I don't know the other ppl feel The Sam

Back
Top Bottom