This is how you eat without a tongue

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
My veiled injured his tongue 2 years ago when it got stuck on a stray piece of wire from the screen in his cage (which is why I don't use metal screen anymore) and since then it won't shoot straight. It was kind of funny watching it shoot off in the wrong direction but he got so discouraged he doesn't even use it anymore. He just runs up and grabs his crickets like other lizard species, but since he hates people hand feeding was not an option. The crickets jumped out of the only cups I could find so I pulled the back legs off his crickets for a year before I got tired of it. Now with his tall cup (restaurant take home container) I just toss them in and he dives in after them!

I just think it's cute every time I see it, and thought some others might like to see my setup since tongue issues pop up a lot on here.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Kewl...I just recently had a cham that lost her entire tounge, it's been a long battle but she's getting better...I'm Glad you posted this..maybe I can try something like this in the future when she's strong enough to get into the container! :)

~~Kayla

Mine just stuck his tongue out like an iguana and still could "stick" bugs. He never learned how to eat out of a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom