Thinking if Getting this little guy...

Mambo

How does he look to you guys?? Don't have to much info on him other than hes obviously a juvenile and that the person I am may be getting him form bought him from a breeder..I'm looking to "adopt" him for about $55.. The owner said "its very expensive because it changes to red color and bluish and those are expensive" I have no clue, hence I ask your advice??

Attachments

• my chameleon.jpg
    my chameleon.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 147
Looks good from the picture. But pictures can be deceiving. I would want to observe him eating and drinking in person to check for any noticeable injury/illness. Just my opinion though.

he looks healthy. He is an ordinary veild and the owner does not know what he is talking about. $55 is not that expensive either so not sure about that either. Does he have little nubs or tarsal spurs on the back of his back heels? If not "he" is a she!!

I paid 95$ for mine. Thats the average to pay in Tucson for local pick up, I should have ordered online but my guy was a impulse buy.

He was worth every penny :)

But yes, a Veiled that goes red? That I'd like to see!

20$ for both heat and UVB? Where do you buy your UVB?

Buy them though sites like Amazon. I buy 4' Reptisun 10.0 fluorescent bulbs on Amazon for about $25, where as in stores they go for $45. You can buy the smaller tubes (18", 24", etc.) for under $15 sometimes.

OP - That little veiled looks good, but definitely watch him in person for a few minutes before you commit. Also, make sure you know how to sex a veiled so you don't get a girl by accident without being prepared, since girls require slightly different care. I have never seen a veiled that turns red, but they will get different greens, blues, and yellows so keep in mind that I think the breeder is trying to bump up the allure of this baby by exaggerating a little.

Back
Top Bottom