The Puget Sound has another reptile expo!

AJA

Established Member
http://forums.pnwhs.org/showthread.php?t=6955

On June 19 & 20, the Pacific Northwest Herpetological Society will host the first reptile show in Seattle, the Emerald City Reptile Expo! Mark your calendars, as we are working on an exciting new combination of reptile show and educational outreach. We will have lots of vendors with animals, supplies and feeders for sale, PLUS a room with displays of many species of herps and information on their biology and care, PLUS a Presentation room with speakers!

The show will take place at the Lake City Community Center on the north side of Seattle. We will soon launch a website with directions, parking information, ticket information, and vendor information.

We are also looking for PNHS members who are interested in volunteering to work the show! We have several committees with openings for planning as well as staffing the actual event. We will be announcing the openings soon, so start thinking about what you would like to help with.

Keep an eye on this thread for further updates....

How Exciting!

How exciting. We will have to try to go out to dinner one evening. I hope some of our sponsors will make it to the show. Seattle is a huge area to draw from. A pretty exciting place to visit too. Please use this same thread to update. You also might send a PM to any Washington people. It will be worth crossing the state for this one. Maybe some of our neighbors across the border can make it over too :)

Just a little back ground info. The Herp Society usually got invited to the Pac Science Show every year to put on an educational display of herps and this brought in a good chunk of change for the Society to operate on since it's non profit.

Well, probably due to the City budget cuts or whatever, they decided not to have it for 2010 and who knows after that. So PNWHS teamed up with the Bean Farm to bring an educational outreach to the citizen of King Co and beyond. This is a great opportunity for people who are interested in getting a reptile and LEARNING about it BEFORE they buy it.

I was told this is only the second time in US History that a Society has been able to put on its own show.

Good Exposure!

That will be great exposure. I guess I'll have to join again. I belonged to the group years ago. Before I had chameleons or geckos. I was into Varanus (monitors) and Hydrosaurus species. Everyone there was into snakes. There was one person there who owned a Savanah monitor. I could tell there was also some sort of "political" struggle going on with some of the older members. I quit going after two meetings. I'm sure it has changed and expanded. I'll join before the show for sure............

its about time the pnwhs tried something different, we in the nw have traditionally had a pitiful representation of herpto culture, with only one or two lacking shows per year, there are some states that have monthly herp shows

Back
Top Bottom