The horn and toes of my veiled Cham

SamW

Keeping this simple,

What is there to know about my veiled chameleons shark fin? Also, has anyone ever noticed (sure many have) that they have two toes on the outside of his front legs and has three on their inside? In the back, he has the opposite..this was an exciting discovery when I found it.

Also, I scanned that last post about nutrition and supplements, but was wondering what an optimal schedule is? Should I do calcium and multivitamins or whatever twice a week each?

Keeping this simple,

What is there to know about my veiled chameleons shark fin? Also, has anyone ever noticed (sure many have) that they have two toes on the outside of his front legs and has three on their inside? In the back, he has the opposite..this was an exciting discovery when I found it.

Also, I scanned that last post about nutrition and supplements, but was wondering what an optimal schedule is? Should I do calcium and multivitamins or whatever twice a week each?

Shark fin?.. anywho. Jannb has lots of blogs for u to read. look her up. is yours a male or female? it it has spurs on the back feet =boy none=girl. girl=laying bin for her eggs (EVEN IF NOT MATED).

to give you an idea heres my dusting

10th of every month=repcal cal with d3+ multivits
20th of every month= same as above
everyday execpt the 10th and 20th = plain calcium NO D3

The "fin" is called a casque. googleing it should supply answers to any of your questions for that. Their feet are called zygodactyl feet. And i had the same thoughts as you when i first got into chameleons. By far one of the most interesting parts of their body - and their feet are actually quite similar to that of bird's.
For Supplementing, you should do calcium just about every day, as well as calcium with D3 twice a month, and Multivitamin once to twice a month. If you have Fluker's calcium jar with D3, you can use that at every feeding in replace of the D3 twice a month.

Their feet are called zygodactyl feet. And i had the same thoughts as you when i first got into chameleons. By far one of the most interesting parts of their body - and their feet are actually quite similar to that of bird's.

By far one of the most interesting parts :)...... What about their 360 degree turret eyes? Lack of ears? Prehensile tails? That crazy sniper rifle tongue.......Some have horns and fins.......and lets not forget the famous colour changing skin..... Chameleons are just all round awesome aren't they? :D

By far one of the most interesting parts :)...... What about their 360 degree turret eyes? Lack of ears? Prehensile tails? That crazy sniper rifle tongue.......Some have horns and fins.......and lets not forget the famous colour changing skin..... Chameleons are just all round awesome aren't they? :D

Lol you've said it. To me, by the sound of your vocabulary, I would guess that you play halo lol

Lol you've said it. To me, by the sound of your vocabulary, I would guess that you play halo lol

Actually no, I don't play many computer games.......The only online one I played was Starcraft 2, but they recently updated it and now my laptop isn't good enough to play :(

Dave, i agree with you completely but it seems to me that after only 1 year of owning a chameleon, i got so used to their eyes and tongue that i don't even notice it. What never seizes to amaze me however, is the way they walk, grip, and use their tail. It's simply said - fucking crazy

Not just some, the best ones have horns and fins :p.

Back
Top Bottom