The hoehnelii are 4 months old today!!

Sweetcorn

I started with 4 but unfortunately lost 2 at 2 months old.

The remaining 2 are doing really well though and both have had their first sheds.

It's been a real experience raising these babies but seeing these 2 looking so healthy has made it all worth it :D

If anyone can hazzard a guess on sexes that would be great :confused:

Baby 1

Hoe1-01.jpg

Hoe1-02.jpg

Hoe1-03.jpg

Baby 2

Hoe2-02.jpg

Hoe2-01.jpg

They look good. They are unfortunately both male, however.

Chris

Thank you Chris. I was hoping that one might have been female. Would have made choosing which to keep much easier!!

Oh wow these are so awesome!!! I have no idea what sex they could be.

Thank you :)

Gorgeous. Where did you get them from?
Im getting a male from showjet95 on saturday.

Thanks. They were born at the reptile shop that my husband runs and he gave me 4 to raise at home and he has 2 at work. My reward is getting to keep one of them :D

Good luck with yours. They really are quite amazing!!!!

So exciting! Id tell my hubby Ive bonded too much, im keeping both! haha. Then again.. mine doesnt know Im getting a new cham on saturday...
my hoe will also be a turquiose one. I cant wait.
It will be my first hoe, second cham. I have a male veield.

Good luck with yours!

awh! what cuties!! i think male one might get a little more colorful than male 2. thats just a guess :p

Netty! :D They are both gorgeous! I think you should keep both after all the hard work you have put in to raising them!:D I just love those knobbly scales on their legs!

So exciting! Id tell my hubby Ive bonded too much, im keeping both! haha. Then again.. mine doesnt know Im getting a new cham on saturday...
my hoe will also be a turquiose one. I cant wait.
It will be my first hoe, second cham. I have a male veield.

Good luck with yours!

Thanks :). Very sneaky LOL Yours sounds like he's a gorgeous colour. I'll look foward to seeing pics of him when you have him settled :)

Thanks :). Very sneaky LOL Yours sounds like he's a gorgeous colour. I'll look foward to seeing pics of him when you have him settled :)

And he will be at work when the hoe arrives so i can sneak him in with no problems. and hes goin gin my study where my hubby never goes. haha, and if he sees him one day... umm it followed me home? lol..
I will def post pics once hes in and settled. I cannot wait to see him!

awh! what cuties!! i think male one might get a little more colorful than male 2. thats just a guess :p

Thanks. I think you're right with that. He's always been brighter than male 2 :)

Netty! :D They are both gorgeous! I think you should keep both after all the hard work you have put in to raising them!:D I just love those knobbly scales on their legs!

Thanks Tiff....if I could I would. It's going to be very hard to part with one of them :(

Does hubby has the other 2 still at the shop? Chris could sex those for you if you post more pictures, then you could keep a male or female which ever you are after. If I could only have one I would go for the male.:D

Does hubby has the other 2 still at the shop? Chris could sex those for you if you post more pictures, then you could keep a male or female which ever you are after. If I could only have one I would go for the male.:D

He does still have them so I'll get him to either bring them home or I'll go and get photos of them there.

My reasoning for keeping a female was that I was told that there is greater success rates in raising babies from CB rather than WC. So thought by having a CB female it would be easier to source a male whether CB or WC. There aren't many available as it is in the UK

Wow they look great, sorry you lost two of them though!

Thank you :)

Like rocking horse poop over here, aren't they Netty! Same goes for Carpets too - you don't hear of anyone keeping those either. I think maybe one other member on here is in the UK and keeps Carpets, but I can't remember who it is right now!:eek:

Like rocking horse poop over here, aren't they Netty! Same goes for Carpets too - you don't hear of anyone keeping those either. I think maybe one other member on here is in the UK and keeps Carpets, but I can't remember who it is right now!:eek:

That's the problem Tiff. It's a shame that more people don't keep and breed them. I'm hoping Joanna will breed her pair of hoehnelii and then I could have a female from her :)

Back
Top Bottom