The Drainage System

John33871

Ok i was just walking around home depot today and i found this
SA500799.jpg
[/IMG]
im hoping to put it in the middle of my cage as the drainage system. do y'all think that just one will be sufficent? or should i have a second?
here is kind of the idea
SA500795.jpg
[/IMG]

na, a pinhead would but i dont think they will be able to. plus im going to get a small funnel to put under it and have a tube going down to water. so if they get threw the drainage hole, they wont be going anywhere but to there death, lol

you can put a bit of screen on and around that as well,,, that way no cricket loss...

i was thinking about putting some screen over it, but do you think one will be sufficient to drain all the water if i was to have a heavy plant over it to have a slope towards the middle and the water will go into? and i will have plant raised up, so no one is confused or makes any comments that it will plug it up

does anyone think that one of these white drainge hole will be enough or should i had more? i would like someone elses opinon on this. im making a drainage system for my chameleons permanent cage and i want it to work perfect and last a long time. thanks for any advice

what is your floor made of? is that white sheet plastic? if so, I'm guessing it's flexible or else the heavy plant won't have any effect... I don't know if it will work perfect or last a long time, you'd probably have to see it in action, you might get lucky and it might end up directing all the water straight to the hole without leaving any pools.

If not, you might have to get crafty and depending on the price of that plastic board, buy another one and create a floor that's angled in a couple of ways to direct all water to one corner, in which you would place the drain.

if i was you i would buy some tile and grout it in the bottom of your cage and then slope the tile towards the middle so when ever your watering or your animals are peein and poopin it will always go right to the drain or even use a piece of lynoleium dunno if its spelt right and then just use cocking for the sides to seal it

Hi,that looks like a great idea,what is the base made from??

i used shower traps for my vivs,and was able to flex my plastic vivs,i pulled the base of the vivs down by using the shower traps.

waste.jpg

I had something like this in mind, all panels being angled inwards and downwards. (but I just saw treelions idea and that looks like it would be much simpler/effective if you can properly flex the board downwards toward the middle )

Last edited:
Having 1 side lower is how I did my drain. I used wood and covered it with epoxy to keep the water out. It works OK but I'm going to do something else with the next cage I build (but that won't be fore a while).

Back
Top Bottom