The delivery/opening the box policy

Picasso123

How many of you open your boxes and toss the cham into a fully lighted cage?
Shouldn't you be waiting 30mins to let his eyes adjust in a dimly lit room? Least that's what I use to do with my SW fish and I'd imagine chams have very developed eyes and my fish needed the same temp level too.

I guess I always want the cham out of the box as soon as possible. I gently lift it out, check it over and let it crawl off my hand into the cage. i know you would never really toss a cham in a cage but it sure did sound scary for the cham.:(

Really no different than the lights switching on/off every morning and evening. I mean most of us dont having dimmers on our light systems.

Whenever I've received a cham, they can't hardly wait to get out of the container and into their new cage. My Dr. Gonzo baby was especially insistent about getting OUT.

the first thing my guy when I transferred him from his container to his cage is to crawl up to the top of the cage, park himself under the UVB light, and bag some rays for about 15 minutes.....aahhhhhh let there be light...if only he had some sunglasses

the first thing my guy when I transferred him from his container to his cage is to crawl up to the top of the cage, park himself under the UVB light, and bag some rays for about 15 minutes.....aahhhhhh let there be light...if only he had some sunglasses

That's what mine did. After he tried to bite me though.

My last Vieled I took out and gently put her in her new cage. Didn't know it was an issue, and it wasn't for me.

I just got a Carpet today and did a quick visual inspection and put him straight to in his cage while still in the container. It took him about an hour to finally get up the nerve to get out of the container and now he's chilling in the trees. The box was cold so I turned everything on real quick to warm him up. He is doing great now. I don't think the lights bother him anymore than seeing my ugly face :p Besides, I opened him up in my room where lights were on so I dont think it is too bad.

I had figured it's the feeling you get when you walk out of a movie theater or other dimly lit building into the bright afternoon sun.

Back
Top Bottom