The Brazilian

A lovely snake, but she also loves to bite your face :eek:
BEtterrainbowpics002.jpg

You have not seen her, she has a tendency to go for the face. I figure people do not like being bit on the face by mean little snakes so I leave her in the cage when people come over.

I have a baby BRB. He is super tame and friendly, never bitten once! Who knows what he will be like as an adult. Both his parents were lovely though.

Your BRB is stunning!

dont you ove little nippy snakes :) my retic was a PITA to calm down, but now she is calmer than my BP, and yes i actually have an agressive ball python though i dont know how i managed that one. beautiful BRB, they are one of the few snake species i havent managed to acquire yet. Once i get through this breeding season with my jag carpets and tame my afrock down i will probably get one or three :)

We are slowly getting her tamed, she strikes mostly close mouthed now :)

Your collection of snakes sounds really cool.

thanks :) i really should have stopped a looooong time ago, but i couldnt resist. im currently at
1.1 reticulated pythons (lavendar phase male, het albino female)
2.5 jaguar carpet/jaguar sibs
0.1 Tiger carpet (cost me an arm and a leg, but should be way worth it in a year when shes of breedable size)
0.1 African rock python (the only snake i truely regret buying)
1.1 wild caught cali kingsnakes (caught them in my backyard like 10 years ago)
1.1 Redtails, one sunglow, one pastel
0.1 high contrast normal burmese
0.1 spider ball python

currently the largest is a 12-13 foot male retic, i <3 him to death
and the meanest is my BP and the coolest looking are either my hi contrast low pattern jag or the tiger

I actually LOVE my rock, it took me 3 months of chewed on hands, but she is just as tame as any of my other pythons, im just realizing that for the money i paid for her, and hav eput into her, if/when i have to get rid of her no one is going to want her. a 15' retic will sell eventually and same with the burm, carpets sell overnight, and so do boas, but rock pythons you cant even hardly give away. I love the large breeds, if you couldnt tell hahaa, but the rock is more of a long term liability its turning into. NO ONE will buy a rock after its much more than 5', which is about 8-12 months old

Your ARP is tame? I am impressed. I have only seen ones that were mean as hell.

Enjoy your giant snakes, the RTB is about as big as I will go with snakes. I do think the Burms and Retics are awesome, but I just never wanted to own a 20' snake.

If you ever want something "bigger" try a coastal carpet. The largest female I've seen is 10 ft but the are a very slender snake. The usual is around 7 ft and even at that size the are barely taking large frats. Jaguars are beautiful and the species as a whole are very activ e they are my current breeding project. My female @ 6 years old is 8' and when not bulking up for breeding takes large rats and jumbos when ki need to but weight on her. My male is a nice 6'

Carpets are prolly my fav :)

Back
Top Bottom