Terrarium pictures

Tom Carlier

Here's my terrarium,
it's glass and it has substrate, I know, that's how everybody does it over here.
Glass keeps the cold out in winter, and the substrate keeps the humidity up, it's great for plants, and he doesn't eat it.

DSCF0985Copy.jpg

DSCF0991Copy.jpg

DSCF0989Copy.jpg

DSCF0982.jpg

Comments are welcome ;)
Greetz:p

That's a really beautiful set up. Nicely done! :D

Lots of folks here in the states will get their knickers in a twist over the substrate and glass, but it seems to work very well, and man does it look good...

Yeah it does look great. The glass terrariums always look so much better than the LLL cages, but better safe than sorry I'd feel like a dummy if either of my chams got compaction.

Thanx,

well, I don't have a glass terrarium because it looks great,
it's just that the more experienced cham keepers really advice not to use flexariums for chameleons (except chams that live in mountains) in our climate.

And the substrate, I read much about it here, but you never hear about it over here in Europe. No one seems to have problems with it, as I already mentioned in other topics.
And I won't try to change your way, your way seems to work, but our way seems to work as well here in Belgium :D.

i do notice/acknowledge the proper use of a vivarium, and sometimes geographical location stipulates it.

sometimes glass works better depending on were you are. i don't see the issue with substrate, you keep plants in a potter? with soil, sure you may put river rocks over it, but he could do that with alot of rocks.

overall, it does look terrific. i wish i could get one similar, just for a none chameleon species of reptile.

Thanks a lot guys.

I just put the plants in the soil (cocopeat), no pot,
notice the roots of the plants against the glass on the 3rd picture ;)

My cham is about 7 months old now, he's 30cm and 60grams.
DSCF0981.jpg

Hope he'll take after his dad soon:
DADDY-1.jpg

Cool beans, I love the look of glass aswell. I do like the homely look of the soil bottom too. Great work!:)

-Jay

it does look like your keeping the UVB light inside the cage, that'd be my only complaint.

7 months and 60 grams? wow, i guess my guy is huge for 8 months 118 grams.

Do you keep any types of bugs in the substrate to deal with fungus?

I have a pygmy chameleon cage which is a glass cage with substrate and use springtails to deal with the fungus/feces and some sow bugs to deal with decaying plant matter.

Jut wondering how you handle that :)

There are some bugs in the substrate, some springtails as well,
but I clean up all/most of the plant material and feces myself and replace the soil once in a while.

it does look like your keeping the UVB light inside the cage, that'd be my only complaint.

7 months and 60 grams? wow, i guess my guy is huge for 8 months 118 grams.

What's the problem with the UVB in the cage?

And I know somebody with a 6 month old pardalis of 140grams,
but also some with pardalis about the same age and weight as mine.
My pardalis gains just a few grams a week, every week. So as long as he doesn't lose weight, I'm not worrying about it.
He'll get there some day :D

His weight tripled since I got him in december.

I am curious to the front. Do you leave that open or is there a screen there and you just took it out for the photo? If left open, what prevents your guy from taking a little walk? Thanks

I just took the glass windows out so the flash wouldn't reflect in it.

Nothing kept him from escaping, but he probably didn't even realise the door was open.

When I clean his cage or feed him, and he realises the door is open, he always looks for a way out by trying to climb up the glass or trying to grab hold of my arm.

one of my 4 ficusses happens to be the same type of benjamini as the one in that topic :D

I know but ... I can´t allways throw the same critic... .....and I have too make it look like that I think it´s ok that other people have their own opinions:rolleyes: .... by the way It´s NOT ok

hail the new ruler of the world... ME

Back
Top Bottom