temp/humity digital meter

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so i just picked up this at the local wallmart for $20. its kinda kool, the main unit provides digital reading for humidity and temp as well as records highs and lows. with readings every 15sec. the little wireless remote unit sends temp info to the main unit as well and is also displayed on the main unit. ( usefull for getting dual readings ), both units are powered by two AA batteries. i place the main unit on the bottom of my set up facing out,( to see diplay ) and the remote unit in the basking area. the neat thing is that there is a high and low temp alarm feature whitch allows me to take the main unit to bed with me and if temp go to low at night i will know. it has built in clock and indiglow light. the main unit is a little large but when i build my bigger custom cage i will make a specific spot for it, for now its at thebottom and my cham does not go down there so no worries.

168767_1715136190613_1004438354_1914056_73003_n.jpg

just thought some members might find this neat.

Hey Hoj,

I almost got that one cause of all its cool features, but i could not figure out where to hang it, so i got the tiny gray one. I think they where both the same price, they should of put the humidity meter in the wireless box also, that would of been just awsome!

Hey Hoj,

I almost got that one cause of all its cool features, but i could not figure out where to hang it, so i got the tiny gray one. I think they where both the same price, they should of put the humidity meter in the wireless box also, that would of been just awsome!

i tottaly agree with you!!!! would have been perfect, being here in canada i appreciate the alarm feature just case.

Before I put it in the cage I would make sure it won't die from the mister giving it a bath.:D

i take it out for misting and when im not at home, as if i cant be here to see it the info dosent mean much. lol it gets a good reading within 5min of putting it back and i leave the remote sensor in as it is built to be outside.
:)

Back
Top Bottom