Tarsal spur injury

Xepera

There's something wrong with a tarsal spur of my veiled male. The other one is bulgy, nice and pinkish, but the other one is dark (brown&grey) and it seems like the tip of it might be missing. The cham is active and uses his both hind legs. I took some pics yesterday morning and based on those I'd say that injury wasnt there then. It's nearly impossible that it could be a burn, maybe a cut.

Do you think I need vet's help immediately or can I wait for a while and monitor the spur? I put some Septidin on it. Do you think it helps? It's an antiseptic that doesn't sting or burn, contains aqua, alcohol denat. and cetylpyridinium chloride. What else can I do to help him heal?

Pics here, not great but the best I could do.

If you have polysporin I would try using that.

If you keep cleaning it out with the betadine I don't think it will have time to heal if it is what I think it is, but don't quote me on it because I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what it does with the iodine, etc.

Thank you so much for your advice. I'll try to find polysporin or something similar.
Betadine
Is this what you thought Betadine to be?

I thought I'd tell you guys how the healing process went. Yesterday the dark scab covering all of the tarsal spur came off and revealed the result. The wound is healed but I'm quessing he will always have a piece missing from his spur. Luckily he didn't loose anything important like a toe. It isnt pretty, but who cares.

I asked a good farmacist for those medicines you mentioned, but you need a prescribtion here in Finland. She said I'd be fine with Betadine but that I could use it max 2 times a day so that the wound would have time to cover itself. That worked. :)

Thank you again for giving me valuable advice. This forum rules!

PB270002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom