Switched up feeders to roaches

AMGChams

I went from crickets to roaches but I have honestly not seen my guys go for them yet. They are used to free range crickets and my wife refuses to allow me to just throw roaches in the cage so I am trying to get them used to cup feeding. Any suggestions on what might make the transition easier on my chams? I have taken note of some of the forums ideas I just think my little ones are not taking to eating from a cup or container.

Cup feeding

I have had that problem before but just make sure they can access the cup I just put at bottom of cage with branches near by and one across the top works much better I think can minutes eating habits better and they can't hide but just make sure it's accessible and wait it make take a few days but they will eat from it....if the cham gets hungry he will find the food it took a Bby veiled I used to have a few days.

if your guys still arent eating i wold suggest putting in a couple of crickets to get them in the mood to hunt and hopefully they will find the roaches. my little girl knows her feeder cup, and whenever i take it out to put more dubias in shes always watching and waiting for me to put the cup back and then walks over to check out the goodies she gets haha. I actually do both i have a feeder cup in there with some dubias as well as free range crickets

Don't worry

Yeah don't fret it they can manage a while without food wild chams do. Good move switching to roaches what kind do you have?

Yeah don't fret it they can manage a while without food wild chams do. Good move switching to roaches what kind do you have?
Dubias. My wife hates them with a passion. But I have tried to tell her that once I have an active colony that it will be cheaper than buying crickets ... she still isn't buying it.

Lol

My gf hates them too in fact now she doesn't mind the superworms she even handles them now lol I'm still warming her up to the roaches lol tolerance comes with time but yeah roaches are way better economically and don't smell and escape less. I have dubias and lobsters I'd suggest trying lobsters too my lobsters breed Soooo much faster but I like having both because they are different sizes. Also lobsters are less gross looking she might warm up to them a bit faster although they are fast and climb but with vasaline this is not a problem.

Also, I have read other people suggest to put the roaches on their backs. It makes them kick their little feet around trying to turn over which means a lot more movement to attract your Cham.:)

Also, I have read other people suggest to put the roaches on their backs. It makes them kick their little feet around trying to turn over which means a lot more movement to attract your Cham.:)

LOL didn't think about that. I try to tell my wife they are just big rollie pollies lol

For the transition it takes a little more time but you can put one roach in at a time on the side of the cage or on a branch and wait and watch the chameleon eat each one before adding another. That way you don't have a bunch of roaches running loose in the cage.

For your bowl feeding it helps if you hang the bowl up several inches from the chameleon, rather than placing the bowl low in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom