Sweetest Deal Ever!!

hbskeet

So I just got back from a private meeting where I wad offered a Male 1 1/2 yo Nosy Be for my young male Rudis. Sounds crazy right? Well it's one of my friends that breeds Rudis's. So I went to go see the panther and he's super friendly. He crawls right up onto ur arm and doesn't want to get off. He's giving me the full set up 30x18x36 cage, lights, etc and the panther for just my young male Rudis. Sorry but I have to boast!!! I will post pictures tomorrow. Woohoo!!! This is going to be my first large Cham as most people know I breed pygmies and have dabbled with dwarfs. This should be fun. He's probably going to get overly spoiled!!:D

You'd have to cut my right arm off to get me to accept that deal (REALLY will be in the minority here!!)

Rudis are WAY cooler than panthers. Unfortunately, they are like hen's teeth (extremely rare) over this side of the pond.

Panthers are dime a dozen (waiting for the tirade of abuse for this post......).

What is the availability/ cost of Rudis sateside?

i havent seen any rudis, just sternfeldi forsale here an even then they havent been to abundant this year...

You'd have to cut my right arm off to get me to accept that deal (REALLY will be in the minority here!!)

Rudis are WAY cooler than panthers. Unfortunately, they are like hen's teeth (extremely rare) over this side of the pond.

Panthers are dime a dozen (waiting for the tirade of abuse for this post......).

I'm with you!

No Rudis here, but we once in a while get Sternfeldi (always misnamed Rudis). Always wc, but I did have two at one point. Would love to get another in the next couple of years.

I've never really been interested in Panthers, although I do love the colours of the Falys. Just don't want to live with one. I love the small chams!

I am thrilled for you! That is the sweetest deal I have heard of. That is an awesome cham you are getting. waiting on pictures & questions:D:D

Congrats on your panther! :D

I'm also one that really loves the smaller size species, mostly the montane species really interest and excite me. At some point if I stumbled across another panther I wouldn't mind taking one in though ;)

Panthers' colors are really gorgeous but horns are slightly more awesome!

My boy that imports lets them go for about $60-80. He feels out people first. What can I say he's a businessman. He gave me a trio 1.2 for $50. One of the females is definetly prego. I've always wanted at least one panther but never really wanted to spend that much for all the equipment> It's just easier for me to deal with Pygmies and Dwarfs because I have more experience with them and equipment for them. But I got pretty much everything and the most docile panther Ive ever some across. So it was worth it to me.

I am thrilled for you! That is the sweetest deal I have heard of. That is an awesome cham you are getting. waiting on pictures & questions:D:D
Thanks Laurie!!! Sorry I posted the pictures in another thread. Here they are...
Tango.jpg

Tango1.jpg

I stopped to tell people that they DONT have rudis. There are NO rudis kept in this hobby, rudis are a species living high areas in mountain regions of Uganda.
What people declaring as rudis are sternfeldis. The so called red rudis or jeweled rudis are sternfeldis too.

The reason for this error is the on the one hand the inability of the authorities in Tanzania to find out that they dont have any rudis in their country and the unpopularity of scientific names in the US.
The same with the so called "Fischers chameleon". Everytime I read of them I can just puke. Out of all those "Fischers" exported, there is maybe a percentage of 0.001 which are real Kinyongia fischeri. The majority is a mixture of matschiei, multituberculata and in rare cases ulugurensis.
But even people who should know it better and who import since years sell those species mislabeled. A shame for the hobby :mad:

Back
Top Bottom