Supplementing Panther Chameleon

cba040608

I have found a ton of information regarding what supplements to give different chameleons on this website. However, I am overwhelmed by all the information and would like someone to tell me what they are giving their Panther Chameleon and how often . . .;)

Panther chameleon shaking

Hey I have a quick question I have had my panther chameleon for 2 months and he is 4 months old bug I just now knoticed that his legs were starting to shake when he walks! What do I do he also started to shed this morning I dont know if that has anything to do with but I need help. I gut load the ckrickets with apple or orange then he has a 60 watt UVA and 5.0 UVB I use 2 supplements I use the calcium with that one thing that helps with the sun, and the multi-vitamins. So can you please help thanks.

I have found a ton of information regarding what supplements to give different chameleons on this website. However, I am overwhelmed by all the information and would like someone to tell me what they are giving their Panther Chameleon and how often . . .;)

You can see what I give mine on a daily basis by reading my blog here on this site:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/food-diary/
Most entries are for adult male panthers, but you will find months on young and females as well. I think September 2010 logs males, females, young and old.

I havent been able to keep it up lately (the last log is December 2010), but there's over a years worth of data there for you to emulate. Note that there is no one schedule that fits all situations. What you should do depends on many factors, age and gendre, what you feed the chameleon, what you feed the feeders, how much if any outdoors time it gets, what lighting you use, temperature, the brand of supplements (some are "stronger" than others) etc.

A basic schedule you can use until you feel less overwhelmed is to use plain calcium (no d3) at most feedings. Use a calicum with D3 supplement, LIGHTLY, two or three times a month. Use a vitamin supplement two to three times a month.

When you are ready to personalize your schedule, check out these blog entries:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/65-supplements.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

Hey I have a quick question I have had my panther chameleon for 2 months and he is 4 months old bug I just now knoticed that his legs were starting to shake when he walks! What do I do he also started to shed this morning I dont know if that has anything to do with but I need help. I gut load the ckrickets with apple or orange then he has a 60 watt UVA and 5.0 UVB I use 2 supplements I use the calcium with that one thing that helps with the sun, and the multi-vitamins. So can you please help thanks.

I suggest you start a new thread in the health forum, and type out all the answers the the "how to ask for help" questionaire (sticky at the top of that forum section)

Back
Top Bottom