SuperWorms are going to kill me!

Julirs

I'm actually not being as funny as I wish I was. Breathing in dust from the Superworms (kept in Oats) is causing me to have some super asthma attacks-tonights was one of the worst and almost sent me to the ER.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oh my! Glad to see you are well enough to post about it! Hope you don't have to deal with that again in the future. Don't make me send you a HazMat suit from WalMart... ;)

Crickets is doing it to me to, or at least making me sneeze-this is not fun and of course I don't have a rescue inhaler around. Guess I will stock up!

OOhhhh !! not cool!!! Crickets and roaches give me the stuffy nose and sneezes. Go to walmart, lowes etc and you can buy light weight masks to use when you clean them. Another option, if you have time to :rolleyes:, clean the worms more often so they don't get so much time to pulverize the oats and mix droppings with it.

OOhhhh !! not cool!!! Crickets and roaches give me the stuffy nose and sneezes. Go to walmart, lowes etc and you can buy light weight masks to use when you clean them. Another option, if you have time to :rolleyes:, clean the worms more often so they don't get so much time to pulverize the oats and mix droppings with it.

This is exactly what I am going to do. I was stupid to let the bedding go so long. I am still worn out tonight from trying to breathe last night.:(

I get allergy headaches from crickets. I'm seriously considering switching over to roaches primarly. Luckily my son is unaffected and he can help with them.

I have the exact same problem! Between my asthma and allergies I don't have a prayer. When the weather allows I take my superworms outside to clean them. I hold one bucket about a foot and a half above the other bucket & pour from the bucket I need to clean into the clean bucket. If you have wind or a fan it blows most of the bedding away. Only takes three or four times and you have mostly worms with very little bedding. That process takes about 20 minutes them another teem minutes to sort the worms away from rest of the bedding. That s about the easiest, fastest way I have found to do it. The wind here blows all time so this is easy for me. I keep mine in wheat bran which is really fine to start with, but better for the worms.

LOL. I should ask my husband to loan me his gas mask. :D:D

Actually, we have some pretty decent masks made for paint fumes, those would probably work well.

Back
Top Bottom