Sunken eye

Hi my jackson`s cham which is about 9 months old has had a sunken eye since the day I got him which he sometimes keeps closed...I have heard that I might have been dehydration or stress as in fact I have had him for 3 weeks only and when I got him he was very dark due to the transportation (came in a very small plastic container with no room where to move) he has progressed and his colour has become brighter and eats fine too ...his eye pops out into place when misting and he sometimes scratches it against a branch but it then pops back in deeper ..any help ?....anyone!!

Last edited:
Thanks ...

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jacksonni Jacksonni Wiligeneses Male circa 9 months old and have had him for 3 weeks
Handling - every couple of days
Feeding - Crickets as staple (gutload with carrots,celery and sometimes orange) ...mealworms as snacks
Supplements - Zoomed Calcium no D3 2 times a week, with D3 every two weeks, Multi Vitamin every two weeks
Watering - Dripper/ Mist 3 - 4 times a day and have seen him drink a couple of times in the morning
Fecal Description - Black with whitish yellowish and watery ...never tested for parasites
History - Had actually ordered a Xantolopus and received a Wilegenesis which came from Germany in a small container where he could barely move and was very dark...transit was less than 24 hours
Cage Info:
Cage Type - all screen home made ...round with diameter about 20" and 32" height
Lighting - Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 and basking lamp both about a foot away from top ..on at 7.30am and off at 7.15pm
Temperature - 85 basking spot..the rest between 65 and 75...thermometer digital
Humidity - 50% - 80% in Mlata humidity is high bout 45% but help with misting/dripper and fogger with intervals ...hydrometer
Plants - some live - ficus and other silk and plastic ones
Placement - low traffic(natural light) bottom of cage 3 feet off ground, top about 7 feet off groung
Location - Malta central mediterranean ?

Current Problem - Listed up top

Attachments

• Grimsby in cage.jpg
    Grimsby in cage.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom