stupid WHITE FLY's

Tifanydalpont

i'm haveing a problem with white flies that are living on my habiscus plant in my cammy cage!..they dont seem to be bothering Jack (veiled cammy almost 4 years old) but are living under the top leaves near the lights??? I've never had this before I think they came from a my patio??? so far I've been putting jack out side to sun and then take to vacum and suck them out the cage and until there are no more flying around i trim the leaves that have eggs on them....I would take the live plant out but that's whats keeping the humi in his cage???

I can't believe you have hibiscus staying alive inside :/

How big are they, the flies not the plant?

tiny!!! but there's at least 50 that fly around when i mist the cage...we moved to a new place and there ton of plant and tree out side and on my patio!!!..my last place didn't have any plant in the court tard i think the flies came from here or maybe were already on the plant when i bought it from homedepo???

I can't believe you have hibiscus staying alive inside :/

How big are they, the flies not the plant?

I've killed about 30 plants now.... the trick is it to water..you have to keep the dirt mosit and every now and then I put jack on it in the shower and then put it out side for a while to get sun!!! I try to do it every time i clean his cage

when i buy the plant i find the biggest one with the most branches and then trim it so it fits in his cage..the pot it self is about a foot and a half big..it pretty much takes up the whole cage:D

Those are called whitefly (literally) and are nearly impossible to get rid of w/o pesticides (malathion oil) which is BAD for chams. I would consider trashing. I keep 2 of each plant. 1 stays in the sun, 1 in the cage. That way you can rotate with each cage cleaning which lets them get a hose down, fresh sun, and some drier air.

:) Hello. I have had these flies before. Your main proble id this time of year. When I've had them I spray the plant (underside of leaves too) a couple times of day and they finally leave. Of course they were outside. They want have anywhere else to go inside. You have to painstakingly kill them by hand everyday until their gone. inside.

is there any way you can rotate plants? I would take the infected plant outside (without the chameleon of course) and spray it with a soapy water solution. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 2-3 drops of dish washing soap. Soak the hibiscus leaves with the soapy water; don't forget to spray the bottom of the leaves too. Leave it outside for a couple of hours, then hose down the plant with plain water to get rid of the soap. Once its dry, put the plant back in the cage.

Don't wait to do this until you have a full infestation in your hands.

is there any way you can rotate plants? I would take the infected plant outside (without the chameleon of course) and spray it with a soapy water solution. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 2-3 drops of dish washing soap. Soak the hibiscus leaves with the soapy water; don't forget to spray the bottom of the leaves too. Leave it outside for a couple of hours, then hose down the plant with plain water to get rid of the soap. Once its dry, put the plant back in the cage.

Don't wait to do this until you have a full infestation in your hands.

It might be time for a new plant :(

just bought a new plant No Bugs on it..I have it in the garage..I wanna fully wash the new plant down and clean the cage..I wanna get rid of all the bugs before i put the new plant in tomorrow:D

Back
Top Bottom