strange bumps

porticue

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson male age unknown. had for 5days.
Handling - Currently not at all, trying to let him calm down from transport
Feeding - Crickets, flukers gutload for now until I can pick up the ingredients for a real gutload.
Supplements - waiting for order of calcium dust without D3
Watering - driper and misting 2-3 times a day for around 3-4 minutes
Fecal Description - dark brown nugget with white liquid, no parasite testing
History - no history

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 24x24x48 screen
Lighting - repti-glo 5.0
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? basking is around 78-80, ambient of low 70. night drops to around 60.
Humidity - about 60% mainly from misting.
Plants - no live yet. trying to procure weeping fig and pothos
Placement - Corner of bedroom no vents or fans, pretty low traffic
Location - Northeast US outside of philadelphia

Current Issue: I have noticed strange bumps/marking near base of his tail. added picture, unfortunately it was from my phone so I couldn't get super close. He appears to acting normally eating well, loves his misting sessions. I'm wondering if anybody has any clue as to what these bumps could be. Also was wondering if anybody could give an estimate on age, pet store had no clue go figure. Thanks in advance.

tail.png

Maynard.png

They may have always been there. He was quite shy when we brought him home, he's just now starting to open up a bit more. Mostly during his misting sessions, he really comes out and cleans himself up. Although his eye cleaning is a bit unsettling :) Being a new parent I'm just very nervous HA. I don't think I was this nervous with my own kids when they were babies.

Id take him to the vet as soon as possible. I could be wrong but that looks like yellow fungus. This will spread quickly. Only way to gt rid of it is with a vets help. Itraconazole is a drug commonly used and i can vouch that it does work. Vagisil is something you can also do to help aid in the process but will not cure it alone.

I called the vet. They can't get me in until Monday. Are there any other signs I could look for with yellow fungus. How quickly could it spread, would I see new markings by Monday? Thanks so much for your help.

I cant tell you if it will or not but it does spread fairly quickly. Moist environment and the stage it is at within his body is going to determine.

Thanks

So I took Pogo to the Vet today. Poor guy got all manhandled. They took a scraping of the pustules and checked it out under the microscope. Basically they said he saw a slight fungal infection. Basically I need to apply Betadine for 30 days. Good news was he saw one of the areas was already starting to heal on it's own. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you guys posted as to his recovery.

To be honest I'm not sure. He talked about a culture but guess he didn't think what he saw warranted one. Hopefully I'll see some turn around to ease my mind. I'm going by what the vet told me to do.

Would swelling of the tail occur with any of the above ailments? I can't be sure but it looks like it may be a little swollen right at the base of his tail. After putting on the betadine I don't see it spreading at all but I'm not sure I see it really going away either. I'll try to get a picture of the tail. Thanks as always.

Would swelling of the tail occur with any of the above ailments? I can't be sure but it looks like it may be a little swollen right at the base of his tail. After putting on the betadine I don't see it spreading at all but I'm not sure I see it really going away either. I'll try to get a picture of the tail. Thanks as always.
Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom