Starcraft 2?

Monkeykungphu

Any other chameleon keepers out there real time strategy players? I picked up Starcraft 2 last week & it's pretty amazing. I actually come from a Dawn of War background. Never played the original Starcraft a whole lot. Having much fun with #2 though.

They worked on it a really long time, it's super polished & lots of fun to play. I'm still playing the campaign now & practicing against the computer, want to hone my skills a little before I jump into multiplayer & get totally ripped apart! :eek:

Wish it was still LAN capable (like 1) and not just Battle.net... makes me sad because I have a 5gb limit on my internet (after that my speeds drop down to basically dial up).

Wish it was still LAN capable (like 1) and not just Battle.net... makes me sad because I have a 5gb limit on my internet (after that my speeds drop down to basically dial up).

That game is a lot of fun, but I still like the original better so far :p

I played the original one often. I just got a text message from a friend I have not seen in over 8 years -- telling me to get the new one so we can revive the tradition. I play mostly first person shooters now.

I'm terrible with FPS hehe.

They make me motion sick! I'll literally have to hurl if I play halo too long! :p Luckily, real time strategies don't have that effect on me! lol!

I'm having a whole lot of fun with Starcraft 2's campaign at the moment. They really put a ton of work towards the cut scenes & details across the board. Can't wait til I get some good build strategies going so I can play online & not get hammered too hard. The Challenges section is really helping me figure out counters & some good strategies.

Can't wait 'til I get home today & can play some more!! Makes me want to skip working out... luckily I have co-workers who will shun me if I bail on them!! lol... :p

I think that's what it is, motion sickness!

I played the original like 15 minutes ago. Putting yourself against the computer is sorta hard. :eek:

I used to play starcraft so much that when I'd go to sleep I'd see marines and tanks behind my eyelids...

I used to play starcraft so much that when I'd go to sleep I'd see marines and tanks behind my eyelids...

I used to be like that with Dawn of War.... orks & elves with machine guns & lazer beams!!! I have to say, I like Dawn of War's lore MUCH better than Starcraft's being that DoW is based on Warhammer 40k.

Although, I think I'm really starting to dig Starcraft's gameplay more, the more I play... :D

Last edited:
My oldest son just got this for his birthday.

It looks like a cool game, but we are disappointed that a $60 game did not allow separate save game spots for the next oldest son, preventing them both from playing single player games, and dissapointed that they dropped the spawn for LAN games as the boys loved playing the first starcraft head to head over our lan, so multi-player games are not possible either.

So, looking like we will have to cough up another $60 so second son can play as well. Not too happy with blizzard for pulling such a cheap shot on families...

It looks like a cool game, but we are disappointed that a $60 game did not allow separate save game spots for the next oldest son, preventing them both from playing single player games, and dissapointed that they dropped the spawn for LAN games as the boys loved playing the first starcraft head to head over our lan, so multi-player games are not possible either.

So, looking like we will have to cough up another $60 so second son can play as well. Not too happy with blizzard for pulling such a cheap shot on families...

Your second son can play as a guest character without logging in.
That would solve the single player issue.
The multiplayer though, yup, totally screwing families with more then one child over. You can blame Activision, not Blizzard for that one.

It doesn't let you install it on more than one computer as well like the first game? Oh joy. :(

All I know is I'm waiting for the game to get cheaper.... or I might be checking out something else.

It doesn't let you install it on more than one computer as well like the first game? Oh joy. :(

All I know is I'm waiting for the game to get cheaper.... or I might be checking out something else.

It's worth the price tag if you enjoyed the first game.

I really can't see it getting cheaper anytime in the next year.
I was trying to see if I could find a cheaper then 60$ price tag for the US folks, but none of the sites had it lower. Which is funny to me because the standard copy here is 60$ Canadian (ya the dollar is close right now, but they usually still try to rake in another 5-10$ per title for shipping "way out here" :rolleyes:)

OH gosh, but Canada is so far away! :rolleyes:

I'm good at waiting. If anything I'll play it at my friend's house. hehehe...

Are you sure? What if something happens to your computer and you need to format it, can't install again?
I think they only let you create one account only! Not installed it to ONE computer.

Are you sure? What if something happens to your computer and you need to format it, can't install again?
I think they only let you create one account only! Not installed it to ONE computer.
Oh no I was asking if that was the issue.

If I'm correct, I believe you're more or less purchasing the "right" to play the game & not so much the game itself. You should be able to download the game online, if your PC dies, or if you lose the software or whatever. As long as you have your handy dandy login, you can really play anywhere that has a computer that can run it & has good internet connection. Be prepared for a really long download time online though... it was long enough straight from the disk.

I think most new PC games are moving in this direction. I know Dawn of War 2 did... I've got some other frustrations with this new "login system" that I won't get into because it's too long of a story... :D

I just got my copy in the mail yesterday.

Will install it when I format my laptop tonight!

When I go from being pretty horrible to a decent player, we should hit up some games online!!

Maybe we could start a Chameleon Starcraft Clan?!?!

(I think that's the nerdiest thing I've ever said in my life... :p )

I wasn't really happy with it. 12 years in the making and I beat the game in 3 days. Too much video drama crap and not enough levels. Guess I'll just stick to online play. Nexus Wars is the best online game. The new units are cool.

Back
Top Bottom