spraying water in lunging chameleons mouth lol

robski24

my chameleon does the usual lunge and hiss at my sprayer and when he does i spray water into his mouth and he drinks but points his head straight up almost if he's choking
is this a bad technique ?

I couldn't imagine it being pleasant, getting water shot down your throat lol. I think if he seems like he's choking on it try spraying a bit lighter?

Yes! Spraying water into his mouth while he is hissing (so his trachea is wide open) could spray it directly down into his lungs! And if not while he is inhaling to replace the air from hissing he could suck in water sitting in his mouth. Please stop doing this before he aspirates and gets pneumonia!!

It is recommended to spray around your chameleon. Spraying on him/her will only cause stress......But, I believe once in a while its good for their skin. Thats just my opinion only.

Yes! Spraying water into his mouth while he is hissing (so his trachea is wide open) could spray it directly down into his lungs! And if not while he is inhaling to replace the air from hissing he could suck in water sitting in his mouth. Please stop doing this before he aspirates and gets pneumonia!!

agreed. this can also cause an RI or just flat out drown him :(

its ok tho, now you know

Water fountain!!

When I mist my panther he stands on his back legs and drinks it from the air. I time the sprays as he opens his mouth he loves it! He thinks he is at the water cooler! he started doing this when I got my power sprayer. He will come up and perch on his hind legs and says bring on the fresh water! lol When he has had enough he goes back to doing whatever...

Back
Top Bottom