Spock eating squash-video

Yes. All of mine will take a slice of squash, apple, carrot but I have yet to see any of them take a bite out of greens. I tried dangling some collards and kale but they don't go for that at all.

I've never had a chameleon show any interest in fruits or veggies that I offer them - but little miss veiled is gobbling down her pothos leaves like there's no tomorrow...

I've never had a chameleon show any interest in fruits or veggies that I offer them - but little miss veiled is gobbling down her pothos leaves like there's no tomorrow...

My veil has just started eating pothos. Might have to start feeding him more and more these days hehe.

does he eat it if you just put it in the enclosure? or do you have to tweez it and stick it in his face?

your enclosures all look great by the way. sweet cham room.

I wonder if he was tricked because everything on the end of those feeding tongs has been food for him! I have tried to hold up some fruit for my Sambava and he gets all intent on it because I hand feed him so much, once he zeros in on it he realizes that it's not a delicious bug and looks at me like I am the fool!

Yeah, they all repeatedly take it. My female especially loves squash and apple. They dont just take one bite either. I have sat there for 5 minutes letting one of them take bite after bite and chew it up in between. I'm pretty sure they know its not a bug after the first chomp ;) I thought it was a fluke at first when I tried holding it out for my breeder male and he took a bite but he takes it about once a week. I do have to hold it with the tongs though. If I put a piece in there and leave it they wont touch it.

Back
Top Bottom