South Bay Chameleon Keepers meeting, Oct 25

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Howdy All,

Welcome to the South Bay Chameleon Keepers October meeting!

We are back to our Old Los Angeles stomping grounds! You are invited to join us next Tuesday, Oct 25 at 7:30PM. In addition to good chameleon discussion and there are always feeders of various sorts for sale.

Feeders!:

Steve will be bringing Cricket Crack for $6.00 a pound and some $5 baby mantis cups

Tylene will have, for pre-order only, dubia roaches

150 sm/med nymphs for $10

150 sm/med/large nymphs for $15

If you'd like any dubias then contact Tylene through chameleonforums and send a message to "Ponders" with your order.

Other feeders may be available, but if you haven't confirmed beforehand please do not assume!

Agenda:

7:30pm-8pm………...Meet and Greet
8pm-~9pm……….…..Roundtable Discussion // Show & Tell

9pm-9:30pm………...Feeder co-op sale and distribution
9:30pm...........……….Meeting Wrap-up

Nathan (Drywater) has once again, graciously invited us to his work location for this meeting. It’s located in the vicinity of the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.
Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Nathan said:
“As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage structure that is attached on the south side of the building. Later in the evening, the gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of the building.” If the front and side building entry doors are locked, walking up the parking structure driveway entrance and then over to the 2nd floor office complex entry is an easy way to get to Suite 201.

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are normally held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that it is past their bedtime and that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being.

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway!

On your way and got lost or can't get in the building? For this meeting, call Dave Weldon on his cell phone# 310-600-4793.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 10-25+ members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought-in by some of the attendees. You’re welcome to bring some to share too!

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

Is anyone doing a bug run?

Kevin? Will you be in town that day?

Steve if you are, can I get 500 4 week and 500 2 week crickets?
Thanks!

I have lots of dubias, cheap, so let me know if anyone wants any.

Thanks!

I will be around and most likely at the meeting.... but I don't know about bugs this month. The time has FLOWN by..... four shows in a row, working on number two for this weekend.

If I get bugs I will post in this thread. I do get bugs it will be Monday night... MAYBE tuesday since I am off work at 2:30.

Thanks!

I'll take some more Dubia's. Seems to be parson's favorite food item lately.

Will get crickets, and if enough interest I might go pick up hornworm, (and silkworms if available) Sunday.

I'll take some more Dubia's. Seems to be parson's favorite food item lately.

Will get crickets, and if enough interest I might go pick up hornworm, (and silkworms if available) Sunday.

I'll take 2 cups of hornworms if you go. Thanks!

How many dubias do you want? I have lots of males too.

Okay, so far have a couple of cricket orders (Bill and Tylene), and a pair of Ghost mantis.

Will be picking up crickets in the AM.

Okay, so far have a couple of cricket orders (Bill and Tylene), and a pair of Ghost mantis.

Will be picking up crickets in the AM.

hey i need 2000/1week,1000 5 week, 4 cups flies an 1000 supers lol
do you need me get ya flies?

I know I am looking for silks, butters or horns, if they happen to be available
and lots of cricket crack for both Suzi and myself!

any other feeders, except crix, i would really like to try as well

looks like I might be too late for feeders :(

I could use 500 medium Crickets some Cricket Crack and some Super Chow. If anybodies going down south some Silkworms would be great.

1000 crickets for me and two ff cups. And mcc if you have it made up.
Okay got cricket order. Have two pounds of mcc made up.
I know I am looking for silks, butters or horns, if they happen to be available
and lots of cricket crack for both Suzi and myself!

any other feeders, except crix, i would really like to try as well

looks like I might be too late for feeders :(
Making more CC tonight

I could use 500 medium Crickets some Cricket Crack and some Super Chow. If anybodies going down south some Silkworms would be great.
Got it. Super chow made. I'm bottling it in lesser amount tube now, too.

Last edited:
lol only five of us going to this meeting? We should just meet steve at Fuddruckers on beach and the 91 for the usual cricket swap haha

I had a request for me to bring misting system components. Does anyone else need anything in particular?

Steve,
I'm bringing you that huge, CREEPY giant asian mantid. Gives me the creeps when it looks at you like it's thinking about eating you:eek:
Maybe you can breed it or feed it to the Parsons, but next year, I'll skip that variety! LOL

Anyone at the meeting able to sell some crickets, horns, mantids, supers, silks... Last minute?:eek:

It was nice seein everyone as it is every month... it was also nice to meet suzi an anne...See you all nextmonth..

Back
Top Bottom