South Bay Chameleon Keepers January meeting

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Howdy All,

Welcome to the first SBCK meeting of 2012! We'll be meeting Saturday, January 28 from 2PM to 5PM in Brea, California at Kevin (Summoner12) Zamp's apartment complex. If you need directions RSVP to the address below and you'll get what you need!

We have a special guest this month. Laurie, Chameleon Forums moderator from the wilds of Montana, will be joining us to meet in person. You've seen her post under the screen name "Laurie". Come on by and enjoy some time with her and a number of other forum members!

Though never a requirement, we enjoy the cookies, brownies, vegetable plates, snacks, and drinks that members choose to bring. Don't be shy if you'd like to add to the ambiance with a snack of your own to share!

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] with how many people will be coming with you. We will reply with the address and directions to the meeting location for those that request it.

2pm-3pm……….........Meet & Greet
~4pm…………….…...Feeder co-op sale and distribution
~5pm++...........……….Conversation and Meeting Wrap-up

******* Another reminder: If you plan on taking part in Kevin’s (Summoner12) insect feeder ordering and sometimes his LLLReptile supply ordering and are not already receiving this msg via Gmail, please send a quickie “Join” email to the [email protected] site so that you will receive his Excel spreadsheet order sheet as well as instructions, when it becomes available later in the week. *******

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are free-of-charge meetings and are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

YEAH!!!! i finally get to make a meeting. I am really looking froward to it. I would love pm's with phone # so i can talk to people prior to the meeting.
Also here is the list of things I am looking for:

Newly hatched mantis - for feeding
Mantis ooths - think mine froze when shipped
Bluebottle & house flys
springtails cultures
Stick bugs - I love these guys
any other different feeders (have crickets, supers & dubia)

Anyone wanting to bring a cool cham for me to see would be great.

Ahhh. My next day off from work. I really need to spend time catching up on cleaning cages. But will squeeze in the meeting. Will have lots of mantis for sale and PM me, for your Cricket needs, and Cricket Crack, Super Chow wants.

Stick bugs - I love these guys

I believe these are illegal in CA

I really want to make these meetings but something always comes up...I will be likely driving to San Fran for a wedding on the 28th but I might try to convince the gf to stop by and just say hi :)

Steve: Remember to bring some Stick Bug eggs, to show us (me) what to look for, also I need some Crack. I'll second the question to Kevin if he's planning a southern trip before the meeting. I see that Mulberry has Silk Worms & Horn Worms of all sizes.

Steve: Remember to bring some Stick Bug eggs, to show us (me) what to look for. I'll second the question to Kevin if he's planning a southern trip before the meeting. I see that Mulberry has Silk Worms & Horn Worms of all sizes.

Okay, I'll pull some large adults and get them in a ten gallon tank with nice white paper towel bottom. So pointing out the eggs will be easy to show and tell.

I can finally make the meeting. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.
And Laurie,- I will be bringing your goodies.

Wow Lance! You are coming to a meeting? That's great!
We will have a good turnout! Anybody know if we are BBQing? Cause I'll bring stuff, just tell me what we need(besides bugs)LOL
BTW it's time to order Girlscout Cookies if anybody is interested!
Chameleons, cookies, Laurie and bugs-sounds like fun!

We will have a good turnout! Anybody know if we are BBQing? Cause I'll bring stuff, just tell me what we need(besides bugs)LOL

sounds like a party...

The BBQs will be available to us so bring on the "stuff"! :)

can't wait

i will be there i miss my cham-fam i feel bad for not been able to go for the past couple of months but now im back!!!

Wait, how do I get the order form? i have a much better chance buying that way than hoping to buys items on my wish list.

There is. I didn't get it though. Try sending a pm to Bill. Maybe there is no mulberry farms trip this time??? I'll text Kevin tomorrrow.

And I'll bring the usual stuff. Chips and junk food. Mmm. Oh wait I'm on a diet. Oh well. lol mmmmmm pizza would be good. As you can tell I'm deprived and hungry at the moment. Ha.

~~~~Hello Cham owners!!!!!~~~~~

Do any of you own a large veiled cham? If so, I would love to work with you!

My name is Robby Cavanaugh and I am a fine art portrait photographer located in the Inland Empire. Having my own baby veiled has inspired me to photograph one :) If you are a breeder, this would be great exposure regionally and internationally.

If you are interested PLEASE email at [email protected], with pics of your veiled cham. He/she WILL be working with a model...so preferably one that wouldn't attack her face :)

Thank you,

www.facebook.com/robbycavanaugh
http://robbycavanaugh.viewbook.com/

Back
Top Bottom