Sorting Worms from Wheat Bran

kgallego

Does anyone have a non-time consuming method for sorting either larger mealworms or small superworms from wheat bran?

Pulling them out one at a time with tongs is wrecking my schedule.

Oh yeah - and a screen sieve doesn't work BTW.

-Thanks-

MelissaB

Avid Member
Something else you can try, if the litter scoop doesn't work , is putting a small lid or container on top of the bedding. A bunch of them will gather underneath it. I keep a shallow deli container in my bin, when I pick it up there will always be a big group of them under it. :)

LLLReptile

Established Member
Site Sponsor
If the metal sieves don't work, kitty litter scoopers for sure.

We've also had luck using rabbit wire (we reinforce cricket tub lids with it) as a sifter for larger quantities.

-Jen

laurie

Retired Moderator
That's what I tested this morning, a colander. It worked perfect....but don't tell my wife, lol.

I understand perfectly. My husband does not want anything from my chams or their feeders in our kitchen. I have both a frig and a microwave for use with my critters. They are in the utility room. But some dishes and colanders are very useful , and there is a dishwasher in the kitchen. Hubby is at work during the day-----:)

ChameleonLady

I understand perfectly. My husband does not want anything from my chams or their feeders in our kitchen. I have both a frig and a microwave for use with my critters. They are in the utility room. But some dishes and colanders are very useful , and there is a dishwasher in the kitchen. Hubby is at work during the day-----:)

Love it! My husband said I can't put butterworms in the fridge so I told him he needed to buy one for the butters then...LOL!

kgallego

lol, ill def give that a try, as i was also having a problem sorting out my worms

Yeah, I just dumped a scoop of worms and wheat bran in it, and shook it until all the wheat bran fell out. Worked like a charm.

Hahaha

Love it! My husband said I can't put butterworms in the fridge so I told him he needed to buy one for the butters then...LOL!

This is good, lol. I too have a separate fridge for my cham's.

Top Bottom