Sore spots in mouth corner

rmhuey

My cham has 'sores' in the corners of her mouth. When she opens her mouth wide you can see the inside corners have red/purplish spots like a sore. She had this in the end of April beginning of May. The vet had me putting an oral rinse on a qtip and swabbing the areas and then applying neosporin to it. I boarded her at the vet from May 15 to June 14, because I had to go to S. America. Two weeks in, he stopped the treatment and declared her fit. I did not think she was fit because the left side of her mouth was puffy. Now this weekend I noticed she has the two spots again inside her mouth. I have been doing the rinse and neosporin thing for two days. I am not sure the vet knows what he is doing, but he is the only "exotic" and "herp" vet in two hours from home. I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for what it is or for what might cause it. I was wondering if it might be my house since her mouth looked better when she came back from the vet in June. She had her cage and everything was on the same schedule at the vet. She seems to be napping more, but she is shedding too so that is not unusual. Nothing else seems out of the ordinary behavior-wise. I cannot provide pics. Sorry.

Other Info:
Cage Info: Screen enclosure. 48in high x 24in wide x 24in deep. Lots of UVB/UVA. Average temp in cage 77-79. Basking temp 90. Night time temp usually 66-70. Lights on at 7:30a, off at 8:00pm. Rains one minute six times a day. Humidity generally 50 except higher after rain. Live umbrella tree. Cage near window.

Chameleon Info:
Female, Jackson, approx. 2 yrs old. Feeding on calcium-dusted crickets in morning. Usually eats 7-8 large crickets/day. She had babies in May.

I went to the exotic vet. He says to keep using the rinse and neosporin. Anybody else have this? I am not so sure my vet knows what he is doing. No offense to him. He only has a few cham patients.

Back
Top Bottom