So you guys broke me down...

sdheli420

Avid Member
I finally got a batch of those nasty dubia and have been breeding them, well, i actually got some babies out of them last week, and have to say they really are easy..(still dooin the crickeys because they have become a consistant source, but have added the dubia to that source as of now..so to all of you pushing the "they are just big rolley-pollies" thank you!! (p.s. they ARE IN NO WAY even close to rollie pollies, they are huge roaches!!, but they arent soo bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b7pQuUYDPc :D

p.s. @ 2:35 is showing the doobs (dubias)

Wish more of my crew would eat them consistently. The smell factor alone makes them sooo much better than crickets and to top it off they are a better overall feeder nutritionally speaking.

Wish more of my crew would eat them consistently. The smell factor alone makes them sooo much better than crickets and to top it off they are a better overall feeder nutritionally speaking.

totally!! haha i actually heard the perfect explanation of feeder nutrition crickets vs. dubia roaches

crickets are like bologna

dubias are like steak

witch would you choose?? LOL :D

I had a blaberus (not sure on spelling) hybrid colony for quite some time and it was great! However, "Mrs Duke" finally put her foot down and announced that she could put up with chameleons, the snake, and dart frogs, but no more roaches! In all actuality they were easy to take care of and great to feed. The end came when one got out and scurried across the carpet while we were watching TV. No infestation and I'm not sure how he got out. But...a 3 inch roach running across the floor resulted in the 10 gal aquarium that I kept them in getting put out in the garage by my wife. Wouldn't have been fatal were it not for the temp of -4 or so (we live in Idaho and it was January). She has actually been pretty tolerant but the escaped, 3 inch roach was just too much. My fault for letting it out.

I had a blaberus (not sure on spelling) hybrid colony for quite some time and it was great! However, "Mrs Duke" finally put her foot down and announced that she could put up with chameleons, the snake, and dart frogs, but no more roaches! In all actuality they were easy to take care of and great to feed. The end came when one got out and scurried across the carpet while we were watching TV. No infestation and I'm not sure how he got out. But...a 3 inch roach running across the floor resulted in the 10 gal aquarium that I kept them in getting put out in the garage by my wife. Wouldn't have been fatal were it not for the temp of -4 or so (we live in Idaho and it was January). She has actually been pretty tolerant but the escaped, 3 inch roach was just too much. My fault for letting it out.

hahaha, and SH**!!! lol exactly what im afraid of!! i have a crickey everyso often walk by, then is instantly fed off to the nearest cham, but these things are pretty large, i dont think i could deal with the feeling of living in tijuana mexico, lol ...hopefully i made my roach "holder" escape proof!!:D

nice! you're going to love how easy they are. did you get a heat pad or something to warm up their bin?

nice! you're going to love how easy they are. did you get a heat pad or something to warm up their bin?

i split up my cricket bin, its got heat, and fans for ventilation..they already produced about 25 babies!!!..

yes very easy, its rediculous!!

I just recently made the switch. I personally love it already just for the smell factor over crickets. I haven't heard not one Dubia cirp!:rolleyes:

I had a total of 4 cricket escapes and they were alll due to them jump out if the bin. Thank god Dubias don't jump.

I sold off most of my crickets, and just keep about 100 or soo for varity.

Dubia are the best!!! Just throw in what ever veggies are left in the fridge at the end of the week and you're good to go. You seriously only need to clean out every 3 months (as long as they eat all the food).

I hate creepy crawlies. I don't think I'll ever have roaches.

That's what I said. I said that about crickets, hornworms, supers, butter worms, etc. you get the idea. Now they're all in my house :) it's really not that bad.

O GOD. I'm going to try and get some this weekend for Tobias. I hope he eats them, otherwise my neighbors might see an increase in insets along the sidewalk area. Just like they see an increase in HUGE feeder crickets but all the small and medium ones are nowhere to be seen :)

Back
Top Bottom