So It's Nice and Sunny Here In Northern California...and

wsidepinoy

I took felix out for the first time EVER in his 5 months of existence.

He was REALLY calm, REALLY REALLY EERILY CALM. Normally he wants to bite and hiss at me.

Well he did just that as I took him out, he was calm and as I tried to put him back into his cage, he wanted NOTHING to do with the cage. He grabbed the top of the cage and sat on my uvb light housing. I took him off and he slipped and ran up on that AGAIN.

This eventually led to me putting him in, him slipping, falling, hitting himself on the stand, then climbing for dear life into the cage and now upside down in the cage.

is this normal ? or is he just tired of his cage ( i have a new one coming in a couple days)

also i had a SCARE BAAAD, i walked past the big i wanna say oak/redwood tree and he grabbed onto a branch and almost got away...mind you this tree is about 3/4 stories tall...uggh

is there an easier way to monitor this guy !?!

If you think it is going to be that traumatic getting him back into the cage, trying putting a tall potted plant in front of the cage with the door open and then put him on that. See if he will go back into the cage. Push the plant almost into the cage. I bring a big hibiscus tree in my house and put that in front of the cage and he wanders back and forth inside and out of the cage. As far as monitoring him outside, you don't take your eye of him for one second, just like a child!! I f you do not have an outdoor cage I would suggest getting one if you cannot sit there and watch him. I cannot say if he is tired of the cage but i know with my guy, once he is out, he does not want to go back in either!

@ carol; yeah im thinking of doing the tree thing as well as taking his cage he is in now and using it later on as soon as I finish his "mansion"

BTW here is a pic !! my avatar is when i first got him and this is just taken 40
mins ago !

5.5 months old...he was slimming down the entire time, i think he was trying to make sure non of the birds saw him LOL

20110613154227.jpg

once they have a little taste of freedom they want nothing to do with that cage:cool: do you have the means to let him free range??? check out the enclosure thread on here there is a bunch of good pics and one is with plants on the outside like carol was talking about letting him back into his cage that looks like a good idea.

Is he a Sambava? He reminds me so much of my chameleon when he was a youngster!!!

i dont believe so, the breeder told me his an ambilobe so im gonna go with that until i see his full color spectrum.

i got him from eric @ chameleons101 in sac

I am not saying that he is a Sambava. I am sure you were sold an Ambilobe if that is what they told you. I was just saying they look alike. lol

Back
Top Bottom